Could Brian Niedermeyer hurt UT @ IMG?

VolForLife83

Last edited:
He did a great job recruiting for us and I appreciate it - guy was 24/7 recruiter of the year. Ultimately, his mistakes tho, were on Pruitt. Pruitt set the tone of the program and what was allowed (expected really) and Nieds was just good at what he was asked to do.

Lets not all get on some moral high horse about paying players. Not with NIL doing things not even the craziest booster would have thought of in the past. Pruitt just did what he was taught by Saban but the Alabubbas have a much more developed social structure for it. I mean NOBODY in Tuscalusa (or SEC for that matter) messes with that sacred cow. Pruitt's many faults (the real reason we fired him) went well beyond paying players (which everyone does and will continue to do).

Had Nieds been recruiting today, I would bet he would make the best of the NIL structure. TN seems well suited for the quasi-legal structure better than the McDonalds bags and we are making the most of it. With the buckets of cash available now, Nieds would have done really well I am guessing.

As to him holding a grudge, perhaps he feels that way but I cannot imagine it is in his interest to sour any relationships. You never know where you will be going and as a young DC, I am sure he has hopes to move back up eventually.

We used to love the Nieds as he was one our best recruiters (or doordasher😆) under Pruitt. For those who didn't know, he is now the DC at IMG Academy, which produces top talent annually and currently has 2 highly coveted Vol targets. Let's hope he's not sour about what happened here and that he wont be steering players away from us.

Why Tennessee could suddenly have an issue landing 2 of their top 2023 recruiting targets

Can’t coach positions but he’s gonna call defense…

This should go over like a turd in a punch bowl.

If he holds any grudges or ill-will, it should be directed at Pruitt and not UT.
Pruitt is the one that either gave him direction, or allowed him, to pass out the cash.

Side note, I was once 'fired' from a company (the division I worked at was closed due to foreign competition) and it jaded my view of that company.
I was offered a position with the company a couple of years later and I passed due to those feelings.
Said company is now the largest, fastest, growing energy company in the Midwest and pays very, very well...my loss for holding that ill-based grudge.

SO he's DC at a high hs? Meh.
The worry is, that he could negative recruit against UT. IMG turns out blue chips annually. Carnell Tate and Francis Mauigoa are there now and that's 2 players we want pretty bad and they'll have more players every year. Could be good could be bad

Reactions: feathersax
The worry is, that he could negative recruit against UT. IMG turns out blue chips annually. Carnell Tate and Francis Mauigoa are there now and that's 2 players we want pretty bad and they'll have more players every year. Could be good could be bad
Maybe, but the NEEDS of the Vols outweigh the Nieds of the few.

Yeah and maybe he'll ask Sandusky if Penn State is a good school and Urban if the Jags would be a good team to get drafted to

We used to love the Nieds as he was one our best recruiters (or doordasher😆) under Pruitt. For those who didn't know, he is now the DC at IMG Academy, which produces top talent annually and currently has 2 highly coveted Vol targets. Let's hope he's not sour about what happened here and that he wont be steering players away from us.

Why Tennessee could suddenly have an issue landing 2 of their top 2023 recruiting targets

If anything, he should have a sense of obligation for allowing himself to be sucked into Pruitt's shenanigans.

Writers have to write articles. I doubt very seriously neids has some vendetta against Tennessee. He was paid more money while here than he’s ever made in his career. He was involved in shady dealings and had to go. The truth is that had Pruitt not been such a world class idiot and won a few more games…they might both still be employed here. Thank god for us he was such an idiot because we’re in way better hands now with heupel and Danny white.

Last edited:
I think players and high school coaches know the ground rules have changed from 3 years ago and will continue to change. It is comparing apples to oranges and we all know we like anything orange. He should also know he had a real loser in his head coach and is lucky to be able to coach anywhere. If he has concerns about kids going to Tennessee, he is not the man who should be coaching young men at any level.

We used to love the Nieds as he was one of our best recruiters (or doordasher😆) under Pruitt. For those who didn't know, he is now the DC at IMG Academy, which produces top talent annually and currently has 2 highly coveted Vol targets. Let's hope he's not sour about what happened here and that he wont be steering players away from us.

Kids like our staff. They see through people like him.

VN Store

Back