Grant Williams is the best NBA basketvol since…

Sixers fans also hate Tobias Harris and wish they had given Jimmy Butler the max contract instead of him whereas Grant seems to be a fan favorite, just my two cents.

IIRC, that's not what it was about. Jimmy didn't want to stay because of Ben Simmons. Harris got the big contract because they had to salvage losing Jimmy. If they lost both of them after trading away so much, it would have been devastating. Harris really had them over a barrel.

IIRC, that's not what it was about. Jimmy didn't want to stay because of Ben Simmons. Harris got the big contract because they had to salvage losing Jimmy. If they lost both of them after trading away so much, it would have been devastating. Harris really had them over a barrel.

Yup. None of it is has been made public knowledge really, but I think that’s how it went down. Jimmy didn’t like Ben Simmons, but more than that, didn’t like Brett Brown or the organizations willingness to let him be such a slouch.

Sixers picked Ben over Jimmy

Yup. None of it is has been made public knowledge really, but I think that’s how it went down. Jimmy didn’t like Ben Simmons, but more than that, didn’t like Brett Brown or the organizations willingness to let him be such a slouch.

Sixers picked Ben over Jimmy

Imagine if the 76ers had picked Jimmy and sold high on Ben? They'd be counting multiple rings by now, probably.

I get why they picked Jimmy over Ben, but this is now twice where Jimmy beefed with a young star who didn't have the right qualities, and regardless of his own faults, Jimmy was completely right about both guys. KAT and Simmons clearly don't have what it takes to have a successful franchise built around them.

Last edited:
Imagine if the 76ers had picked Jimmy and sold high on Ben? They'd be counting multiple rings by now, probably.

I get why they picked Jimmy over Ben, but this is now twice where Jimmy beefed with a young star who didn't have the right qualities, and regardless of his own faults, Jimmy was completely right about both guys. KAT and Simmons clearly don't have what it takes to have a successful franchise built around them.

Yup.

To be clear, Jimmy is a borderline Psychopath. But the guy is dedicated to winning and holding others accountable. A win at all costs mentality.

The story of him running with the 3rd string in Minnesota and yelling “you need me” is maybe the greatest basketball story ever.

Reactions: Col_Cathcart
Yup.

To be clear, Jimmy is a borderline Psychopath. But the guy is dedicated to winning and holding others accountable. A win at all costs mentality.

The story of him running with the 3rd string in Minnesota and yelling “you need me” is maybe the greatest basketball story ever.

Jimmy can be a problem, but I think as long as he trusts the coach and the key players around him are giving their all, he's going to perform and fall in line. Even this thing with the Heat this year. How many superstars wouldn't have been able to bounce back from that? Jimmy doesn't act out because of the wrong reasons. He acts out because he's passionate about winning and his demons get a hold of him. Haslem kind of made him look like a punk. Much moreso than anything Embiid did to Simmons. Simmons goes into hibernation. Jimmy acts like it never happened. He can move past it because it doesn't actually matter to what he's passionate about. What he won't forgive and can't get over is a lack of buy-in from the people around him.

Reactions: omghulkhands
Tobias is a much better offensive player than Williams.Harris has been the main offensive option in some seasons before joining the sixers. Williams is more a role player

Bernard King and Dale Ellis are the best NBA Vols ever as far as a NBA career. They were both among the very best in the league for several years, several after that with good careers but not any with those 2 career stats. GBO!

They choose Ben Simmons over him in reality but at the time Ben was 22 and Butler was 29 going into a contract year…Tobias should find a different team though, the sixers FO have absolutely no clue how to build a team

I suppose my point was that at least in Jimmy Butler’s mind (and a lot of Philly fans) they chose Harris over him.

Butler is an oft-injured headache of a player but is effective when he decides to play. The Sixers lost because Harden is a shell and Embiid got hurt and couldn't effectively play through it. Plus Spolstra is a way better coach than Rivers.

He's rewriting history. I had it wrong that they sign and traded him after the Tobias contract, but they didn't keep him because he beefed with Simmons (and the organization). It had nothing to do with Tobias, except for maybe Tobias allowed them to feel better about letting him go. Everybody knew he hated Simmons by midseason.

Butler is an oft-injured headache of a player but is effective when he decides to play. The Sixers lost because Harden is a shell and Embiid got hurt and couldn't effectively play through it. Plus Spolstra is a way better coach than Rivers.

Harden’s style of play is cheap and a joke to watch.

Not surprised to see him struggle whenever the officials actually let players play defense on him.

Harden’s style of play is cheap and a joke to watch.

Not surprised to see him struggle whenever the officials actually let players play defense on him.

It wasn't even letting them play defense. It was not calling a foul on them when Harden kicked them.

It's clear Harden's bad habits caught up to him. He showed up out of shape every season and it didn't matter but now he's well into his 30's, and he got a reality check.

If someone does max him, it's because they talked themselves into thinking he will get in shape.

Is Tobias a great ambassador? Does he ever go back? Just asking. I really don't know.

This is what I remember the most about him coming back. I'm pretty sure he's been to football games. I also remember video of him riding around with Jarnel Stokes after an NBA game when Jarnel got drafted. I don't believe he's here much during the basketball season, but has been to football games and to help with recruiting.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Grant Williams is the best NBA basketvol since…

Dale Ellis...............

VN Store

Back