Jillian Hollingshead commits to Tennessee

I believe Key's offensive production is more a reflection of the team's poor passing and lack of precision offense. The three second rule demands that as Key moves into the paint and establishes her self as a scoring target the other players must move the ball in synch with her and deliver the ball at a precise time and location. In order to accomplish this all team members must be recognized as legitimate scoring options preventing double teaming of Key. Our wings, guards and 4 postion must be tall enough to see and pass over a harassing defender. Next years team, on paper at least, meets all of these requirements. Now we need practice repetitions until it becomes rote.

I think there is a simpler solution. Having outside shooters that defenses feel impelled to guard. Legit 3-point threats spread the floor and make it harder for teams to double team TK. Justine, and an improved Tess Darby + Jordan Walker, free to be more of a shooting guard, should help on that dimension.

Last edited:
I think there is a simpler solution. Having outside shooters that defenses feel impelled to guard. Legit 3-point threats spread the floor and make it harder for teams to double team TK. Justine, and an improved Tess Darby + Jordan Walker, free to be more of a shooting guard, should help on that dimension.
Sara could help, too.

I 100% totally agree with your statement. I have been waiting for years to see our Lady Vols return to prominence. Now when we reach the FF the coverage we will have and the fans will be out in full force. What a day that will be!!!!
ABSOLUTELY!! And shortly after, the big time 5* recruits should start flowing in. I can't imagine them not wanting to be a part of a historic program that is on its way back to national prominence and to have a coach like Coach Harper/Jolly would be hard to pass on. JMO. To be a crucial part in bringing Tennessee back to where we were before Coach Pat Summit sadly had to leave us would seem like a " once in a lifetime opportunity" that would be hard to pass up.

Yes, considering how Green's injury impacted us this year, than Horston's injury as well. Now with any injuries we have well capable backups ready to step in. Only adjustments would probably be more minutes they would have to play.
I swear, it just seemed like after Green's injury we just completely fell apart. Even though she was coming off the bench, she was our glue that held this team together. I truly feel that if she never had gotten hurt the Lady Vols would have been in the Elite Eight and possibly even farther. Would have definitely been in the SEC championship game as well. But if we can stay healthy this coming year we should be one of the favorites to cut the nets down!! Let's Go Lady Vols!! GBO 🍊!!

Think about the BIG team we could put on the floor this season: Horston/Pissott/Jackson, Puckett, or Marta/Hollingshead/Key.
I was literally just thinking about that the other day. We could go 6-6, 6-5, 6-4, 6-2and 6-2 with Key, Hollingshed, Pissott, Jackson, and Horston at the Point position. No team has close to that size that they can put on the floor and be effective from a position standpoint. That does put Jackson at the 2, but she's got the handles and speed for that position if she needed to play it. I actually think Jackson my be 6-3.

I was literally just thinking about that the other day. We could go 6-6, 6-5, 6-4, 6-2and 6-2 with Key, Hollingshed, Pissott, Jackson, and Horston at the Point position. No team has close to that size that they can put on the floor and be effective from a position standpoint. That does put Jackson at the 2, but she's got the handles and speed for that position if she needed to play it. I actually think Jackson my be 6-3.

It'll be interesting to see the team photo when it is taken after the team assembles, just to see the relative heights of the players and compare to the stated heights. Always a lot of buzz there.

It'll be interesting to see the team photo when it is taken after the team assembles, just to see the relative heights of the players and compare to the stated heights. Always a lot of buzz there.

Like u reading my mind. I been checking team photos everyday 😆 Some schools already put up

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I got a snick picture of the team when nobody was looking....Just having a little fun guys.
cartoon-hand-drawn-stick-man-in-different-poses-vector-set-vector-id827934628

Yeah, but we would seriously struggle against those teams with smaller, quicker guards. Those types of teams have been giving us fits for years. It took a late in the game 3 pointer from Buckett Puckett to get us to the Sweet Sixteen against an undersized Belmont team. Smallish Buffalo gave us fits in the first round and both of those games were on our court. Florida, Auburn, ucant and Kentucky in the SEC Tournament took advantage of our lack of defensive quickness and All of them had double-digit wins against us. We do not need to trot that Big lineup out there against those types of teams for long stretches.
ALSKI 🧡 🧡 🧡

Reactions: 007Racer
Yeah, but we would seriously struggle against those teams with smaller, quicker guards. Those types of teams have been giving us fits for years. It took a late in the game 3 pointer from Buckett Puckett to get us to the Sweet Sixteen against an undersized Belmont team. Smallish Buffalo gave us fits in the first round and both of those games were on our court. Florida, Auburn, ucant and Kentucky in the SEC Tournament took advantage of our lack of defensive quickness and All of them had double-digit wins against us. We do not need to trot that Big lineup out there against those types of teams for long stretches.
ALSKI 🧡 🧡 🧡
A trapping run and jump trapping defense with our bigger lineups would give most teams in the country fits. We tend to struggle playing straight-up man against smaller lineups i agree. Then again, each team is different and you have to play to that teams strengths. It would be awful hard to to see over over the length we are able put on the floor.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Funny (and not so funny) that I have been checking so compulsively to see if we are getting any new commitments that seeing the word commitment at top of the thread list got me all excited for a moment. I stayed in denial for another moment, thinking good associations with the name. Then the reality kicked in that I had already celebrated this in May. So glad she is coming, but my mind feels messed up :(:).

Plus with all those combinations possible we can almost always find the hot hand. We have about 8 players on this team that can really score, like really really. So whomever is hot? LET THEM EAT. Get those assists and then find the next hot hand, might be you!

It’s similar to what Stanford has done the last few seasons. Tara has a bench LOADED with talent. It wasn’t uncommon for them to have a different leading scorer almost every night. Sometimes a starter, sometimes a bench player. But she gives almost everyone an opportunity to see how they might contribute that night. Some jack up right away and only get 3-4 minutes. Others that don’t play a lot might come in and really be on and she’ll leave them out there for 25 if they are winning big. It’s actually a nice way to do it and doesn’t seem to cause minutes issues as much.

I really think what Stanford has done is what the model for women's teams should be for the foreseeable future. Load up the talent and let them go rather than pandering to one player promoting her brand one at a time, you know like Geno does.

Hollingshead said "i was thinking of coming to tennessee her freshmen. she said could visit for covid" its on twitter insgram lady vols sites. video of hollingshed, rennie, walker taking. there one of striplin, jackson , key to. and one of powell to. back to my point hollingshed would been a lady vol from the get go. kellie needs time players see she has rocky top pushing south caroline,unconn , standford over tenn belongs at the top also.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
According to MY annual eye tests we haven't had a post player with a significantly high ratio of fast-twitch muscle fibers since Isabelle Harrison. Before her, Glory Johnson and Vicky Baugh. Bashaara Graves and even Jaiden McCoy looked, to me, to be a bit quicker than TK. NOT that I don't have tremendous appreciation for Key and her abilities on both ends of the court, but I don't see a "fast-twitch"-enabled skill set there. Her length and good timing makes up for what she lacks in quickness. She's not at ALL slow, though. Don't think I'm suggesting that because that's not the case.

I am greatly looking forward to seeing the improvement she's making in her final offseason, because there is one thing we can all agree on: Key has made incremental improvements every season since she arrived. I have no reason to believe she won't be even better this season, and she had a pretty terrific junior year. I'd like to see her use her length to far greater advantage this season.

VN Store

Back