Farming and Harvesting?

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I wonder if the Heup & Co. are implementing what may be a new way of using a PWO program? Mine the ranks of overlooked, lower ranked FCS, D2 (maybe even D3), along with certain JUCO players, specifically recruited as PWOs. Then evaluate and coach them up - farm and harvest, so to speak. Thus, always have a suitable reserve, and if exceptional, scholarship FBS ready players. Probably this isn't a new idea, but I wonder if the Heup is creating a more formal and coordinated approach to this. If possible, even use it to pre-train graduate assistants into future coaches-to-be as well. By having them work directly with these PWO recruits on a day-to-day basis. Oh, don't mind me, I'm just a pipe dreamer with an out of control imagination.

I wonder what the advantage of being a walk on at Tennessee when you could get a scholarship at another school. Since we seem to have plenty of NIL money maybe we could do like BYU and pay their tuition.

Otherwise, I really like the idea of having a farm league to draw from that is already familiar with our system. I just think kids have more opportunities than ever and I actually see a drop in walk ons.

I wonder what the advantage of being a walk on at Tennessee when you could get a scholarship at another school. Since we seem to have plenty of NIL money maybe we could do like BYU and pay their tuition.

Otherwise, I really like the idea of having a farm league to draw from that is already familiar with our system. I just think kids have more opportunities than ever and I actually see a drop in walk ons.
Agree. NIL could pay a "minimum" that's enough to cover most PWO expenses.

I suggested earlier and still believe that if NIL goes unchanged there will be 5* kinds of guys who ask to be a PWO. NIL will pay their way while that scholarship goes toward building talent around him.

Funny a lot of people argued before that the scholarship wasn't enough compensation... but now it seems to be prerequisite for a player to be "compensated" correctly.

Reactions: feathersax
Think it’s a lot like basketball. Difference now w portal on PWOs is you have tangible evaluations of talent at lower level school which you can draw parallels to SEC ball if they will cut it or not. Certainly can help with depth and special teams.

To directly answer the question, PWO's mainly fill out the scout team. That matters a lot. The better your scout teams emulate not only the plays but the talent of the opponent... the better prepared you can be.

I wonder if the Heup & Co. are implementing what may be a new way of using a PWO program? Mine the ranks of overlooked, lower ranked FCS, D2 (maybe even D3), along with certain JUCO players, specifically recruited as PWOs. Then evaluate and coach them up - farm and harvest, so to speak. Thus, always have a suitable reserve, and if exceptional, scholarship FBS ready players. Probably this isn't a new idea, but I wonder if the Heup is creating a more formal and coordinated approach to this. If possible, even use it to pre-train graduate assistants into future coaches-to-be as well. By having them work directly with these PWO recruits on a day-to-day basis. Oh, don't mind me, I'm just a pipe dreamer with an out of control imagination.
These guys have put a few passovers into the league and increased stock for those who were going anyways.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
proxy-image

Thought this was gonna be a gardening thread. If there isn’t one somebody should start one.

Anyone ever tried throwing perlite in the onion patch? My soil always compacts and they won’t swell up

Hell I'll bite...Just like any good thing in life it takes work.You get them at an early age,feed em water em,show em how to grow up.Finally when u done all u can u chop em off at the knees hang em upside down and skin em alive 🤣 🤣 🤣 I'm kidding

Hell I'll bite...Just like any good thing in life it takes work.You get them at an early age,feed em water em,show em how to grow up.Finally when u done all u can u chop em off at the knees hang em upside down and skin em alive 🤣 🤣 🤣 I'm kidding
Damn thought I was in the gardening page. Messed that one up. Good life advice for sure tho

VN Store

Back