Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

So? Just because it changed recently and glitch didn’t know about it, doesn’t mean you need to be a sarcastic butthole about it.

It's ok. I deserved it. I was off by $5.49 a month.

Zcg1Ux.gif

What was the gist of that exchange?
I sent an email and told them I wanted to make a donation but needed to know how the money would be used to benefit UT Football. They responded with what sounded mike a mission statement, saying they organize events to help UT student athletes connect with businesses. No invitation to an event. No request for a conference call. No person to contact for more information. Nothing like that, basically just a mission statement. I’ll admit that I was hoping to have my ego stroked a little, that’s on me. But you’d think if anyone was offering them a donation they’d at least open their hand.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I sent an email and told them I wanted to make a donation but needed to know how the money would be used to benefit UT Football. They responded with what sounded mike a mission statement, saying they organize events to help UT student athletes connect with businesses. No invitation to an event. No request for a conference call. No person to contact for more information. Nothing like that, basically just a mission statement. I’ll admit that I was hoping to have my ego stroked a little, that’s on me. But you’d think if anyone was offering them a donation they’d at least open their hand.
Thanks for sharing that

Reactions: bpalmer28

Did it have a lot of zeros behind it or was it $25 per month?

That's what's really impressive. He's jumping 6'6" off of pure athleticism.
Went to hi school with a guy who was CRAZY athletic. He was only about 5'7" but could long jump 23'+.. Weird thing, he could run up, stop, jump off two feet and clear close to 7' (saw him clear 6'8" with ease and had room to spare). He could've been state champ hi jump, only thing is, it was illegal to jump off two feet.

End of random weird post.. Carry on...

Did it have a lot of zeros behind it or was it $25 per month?
I didn’t pledge a number. It was my first and only contact with them so was just feeling them out. Could’ve been a scam for all I knew at the time. I’m sure if I had a friend who could’ve introduced me to someone there it would of been different, but I don’t know anyone in that circle. I’m Mississippi based. They probably get a lot of emails like that and just didn’t take me seriously. Not a big deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glitch
Went to hi school with a guy who was CRAZY athletic. He was only about 5'7" but could long jump 23'+.. Weird thing, he could run up, stop, jump off two feet and clear close to 7' (saw him clear 6'8" with ease and had room to spare). He could've been state champ hi jump, only thing is, it was illegal to jump off two feet.

End of random weird post.. Carry on...
Nate Robinson?

Reactions: LittleVol
It isn't rich people all by their onesies. That is what is special about UT's NIL program. It is everyday folks, lots of them giving $19.51 a month or $195.10 a month. 100,000 fans giving $19.51 per month is $2 million per month. That is where the juice is coming from and that is why they should be as wise and strategic as possible with those dollars.
Exactly... being a good steward of those funds shouldn't be a rich/poor issue

In the grand scheme of things I wouldn’t be surprised
If you had to put a total on uts fan base what would it be?
Population 7 million in the state of Tennessee
So I’d say the over under is 1.25 million fans total statewide?

I would say less than that by a good bit. But even still, how many of those are willing to donate 20 bucks a month for NIL deals? Shoot isn't that why this site exists and is as popular as it is? Because people don't wanna pay the monthly fees for that other site?

I would say less than that by a good bit. But even still, how many of those are willing to donate 20 bucks a month for NIL deals? Shoot isn't that why this site exists and is as popular as it is? Because people don't wanna pay the monthly fees for that other site?
Monthly fees going to Brent and crew is way different than monthly fees going to 5⭐️s

Depending on when it was, at one point there were just 3 people trying to cover a lot and I know they were super overwhelmed from my conversations with them at the time. They’ve expanded and are tightening up processes, I can give you a couple people’s direct contact info now if you want to talk to someone still to ask more questions about the events or the set up of the entire thing.

I know from talking to them that one of their biggest reasons for expanding was increasing their ability to have better connections and relationships with the fans to fix this exact kinda thing. They even added a guy from the Tennessee fund who is a great guy. So it’s a work in process, but it’s a good group of people over there.

I’m not rich at all. But I’m donating $50 a month (me and my father are splitting it). I know it’s not much but I’m hoping there are a bunch of other people like me doing the same thing.

I'm sure there are a few thousand people like you. I just doubt it's 100k.

Reactions: BigSteve09

VN Store

Back