Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

62074858.jpg

This thread is really inspiring! Great job to all of you.

Just got divorced and will turn 50 in Aug. Time to get with it!

I had a physical 2 weeks ago and I was 18 down lbs. (to 268) since late Feb. Started walking twice a day. Had no idea how far I was going so I bought a FitBit last Thurs. Turns out I've been averaging 6.5- 8 miles/ day. I know I need to add weights to the mix. I try to keep my meals between 11AM & 8PM.

I had a physical 2 weeks ago and I was 18 down lbs. (to 268) since late Feb. Started walking twice a day. Had no idea how far I was going so I bought a FitBit last Thurs. Turns out I've been averaging 6.5- 8 miles/ day. I know I need to add weights to the mix. I try to keep my meals between 11AM & 8PM.
Yoga.
At our age we need to leave the weights in the rack.

Reactions: Juanita

I’m 53 in August.
At my heaviest I was 278.
196 last Friday.
Remember this is a lifestyle and not a destination. I got there once and made it back to 240 pounds. Not making that mistake again…..I hope. E42286F6-3C91-42A4-A09F-29F74128BA85.gif

I have found that lots of reps with dumbbells is better than weights for me. YouTube has a number of good videos.

I got divorced after being married 14 years. Vowed to never do it again.
How long were you married?

I have found that lots of reps with dumbbells is better than weights for me. YouTube has a number of good videos.

I got divorced after being married 14 years. Vowed to never do it again.
How long were you married?
I've got a Bowflex kettle bell that I really like. Can dial the weight up to 40 or 45 lbs.

Was married for 11 years. We were best friends before we got married and we get along better now than we have in the last 5 years. It just ran its course, I guess. Not sure I'll do it again.

VN Store

Back