'19 TN DT Kristian Williams (Oregon —> in the portal)

Because who wouldn’t choose a city with one of the highest crime rates in the country.
There's far more to a place than crime lol. And metro areas like Memphis are large and there's plenty of choices amongst it. If you want low crime, you shouldn't even be in the Southeast U.S. or, on a global scale, in the U.S. One could move to Japan and live a nice, extremely safe life if that's your determining factor. Otherwise, better buckle up...

OR you could just use common sense, know where you are, and live in any U.S. city while using your god given brain.

Fwiw I'd never live in Memphis either. But that's because it is nowhere near the mountains and beach.

Because who wouldn’t choose a city with one of the highest crime rates in the country.
I’d rather have a little higher crime rate then all the hipsters and millennials that have over run Chattanooga. I grew up and still live 30 minutes outside Chattanooga and have worked in Chattanooga for the past 20 years. I’m getting to where I can’t stand it. Nashville is just as bad to me. Been to Memphis 20 something times in the last 3 years and never felt out of place and I’ve always loved Knoxville.

I grew up there. You could go outside and not do a damn thing and be covered with black soot. Now it's clean and well run. Yuppie and pretentious...but better.
Yep...downtown was nasty gross when we lived in Chattanooga in the 70s...luckily we lived in East Ridge which wasn't near as bad as the downtown side of Missionary Ridge.

I’d rather have a little higher crime rate then all the hipsters and millennials that have over run Chattanooga. I grew up and still live 30 minutes outside Chattanooga and have worked in Chattanooga for the past 20 years. I’m getting to where I can’t stand it. Nashville is just as bad to me. Been to Memphis 20 something times in the last 3 years and never felt out of place and I’ve always loved Knoxville.
As far as people...there ain't a smidge difference between Chattanoogans and Knoxvillians anymore.

Reactions: walkenvol
I only ever get to visit Knoxville so I’ll take your word for it but I can’t stand what they’ve done to Chattanooga.
I love Chattanooga now...and the freaks and hipsters are everwhere nowadays, even here in the deep dark hills of eastern Kentucky...it's just the way the world is.

VN Store

Back