Geez! Are Over-doing the WR Thing?

This offense can rotate 6-8 wrs easily u have to rem that...We played Peyton,Velus and Tillman cause we had no choice really and they went with the guys had experience.We run ALOT of offensive plays gotta have depth for that especially the type of offense Hype runs.

This offense can rotate 6-8 wrs easily u have to rem that...We played Peyton,Velus and Tillman cause we had no choice really and they went with the guys had experience.We run ALOT of offensive plays gotta have depth for that especially the type of offense Hype runs.
Exactly! If Tillman had somewhat fresh legs at the end of the Ole Miss game he would have been able to get up and catch the game winning touchdown.

We took two transfer DBs and One from Juco. Took in two transfer DBs last cycle. Roster will have 15-16 scholarship DBs. How many do you need ?

Two more experienced transfers would be nice, volmandu.

To: GrittNGrind1906, love your to the point answer to my question. Maybe with so many WRs, we can run the opposition ragged and end up scoring so often we won't need a defense (as if). That would be a very nice problem to have.

Two more experienced transfers would be nice, volmandu.

To: GrittNGrind1906, love your to the point answer to my question. Maybe with so many WRs, we can run the opposition ragged and end up scoring so often we won't need a defense (as if). That would be a very nice problem to have.

I agree about tiring opposing defense. I hope the number of “flops” decreases this yr. That Ole Miss debacle was ridiculous.

I agree about tiring opposing defense. I hope the number of “flops” decreases this yr. That Ole Miss debacle was ridiculous.

One way we could minimize flopping fish, assuming we can pull it off, is to make quick scoring down field TD passes on 2nd down. Easier said than done, but just imagine if we could do this. That or average 30 - 50 yards a pass. All on account of having fresh and fast WRs. It could happen, maybe only in some insane dream, but it could happen.

Reactions: vol94
just look at the NFL draft and WR payrolls to see how WR is valued now....

I've never, ever, heard of a general head into battle and say "We got too many guns"....ever.

Me either, but then I'm not in the military. But if'n yo gots mo cannons than yo hosses or truks can pull, yo gots too many guns. Sides that, generals just sit behind thuh lines. Its the sargents, lieutenants, captains, and colonels that call the shots up front. 'Cept the Russians according to the Ukraine. And I still would like to see 'bout two experienced LB'ers added to our defense.

Last edited:
We see and hear who is moving in a lot. We've had some guys move out too.

I've never, ever, heard of a general head into battle and say "We got too many guns"....ever.
No. But you can have too many Infantry soldiers... if you don't have enough supply clerks and truck drivers. The Russians found that out pretty quick.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Me either, but then I'm not in the military. But if'n yo gots mo cannons than yo hosses or truks can pull, yo gots too many guns. Sides that, generals just sit behind thuh lines. Its the sargents, lieutenants, captains, and colonels that call the shots up front. 'Cept the Russians according to the Ukraine. And I still wouldlike to see 'bout two experienced LB'ers added to our defense.
You know. The remarkable thing is that the Russians haven't changed their command philosophy since the Cold War. What is causing them to fail was what we talked about in the 80's. They don't trust their soldiers or NCO's to make decisions. They don't even trust their junior officers. So if you can find a way to hit their top field commander... the whole thing grinds to a halt.

Maybe no surprise but the US Special Forces spent a lot of time in Ukraine since '14 preparing their military and militias for the kind of operation they're performing.

VN Store

Back