Former 5-star WR and USC transfer heading to Tennessee.

Lincoln Riley - I don't think he will be as successful at USCw as he was at OU. Reason 1: Competition for the talent in California by UCLA, Oregon, recruiting raids by UW, and I think Texas.

2. The California population is now in rapid decline due to the effects of climate change such as drought and its effect on agriculture, water supply, fires, and hence loss of jobs. As a result, wetter states, especially the Southeast, will see an influx of California, probably Texas, Nevada, and a few other western states slightly closer east.

Tennessee - 1. If Heupel rattles the SEC hierarchy, I believe a preexisting relation between USCw will mean we get more players that would have otherwise gone to USCw. We seem to have an unofficial player exchange thing between us. They have had some of our guys transferring there, and some of theirs transferring here. That goes even as far back as the Lyle Allen time. On top of that, I can see cash heavy SoCal and maybe NorCal families perceiving Tennessee as a preferred location to move for their families.

2. Continued Heup success, with the style of offense he runs, will become a major draw. Just the same, to kick this off, we need at least a halfway decent defense this season to pull it off.
Riley knows he will be more successful at USC than he was going to be at Oklahoma when they move into the SEC.

Riley knows he will be more successful at USC than he was going to be at Oklahoma when they move into the SEC.

I don't disagree. It doesn't however, change my opinion of what I said about his success at USC based on the factors I presented. If I prove right, GREAT! The cowardly punk deserves to fall on his face.

Great news! I can hear Neyland and the chants of "BRUUU" now. Actually, us old timers vividly recall when we had a kid by the name of Jimmy Noonan played for UT. Rival fans kept wondering why we were "booing" our own player. History repeats itself and I can't wait for it.
Also Puki
I can hear Bobby Denton saying his name

For clarification, the NCAA needs to clearly communicate to teams that defenses assuming the fetal position will not constitute an injury timeout.
Seems easy enough to do. Kenny Pickett fakes a slide and within 24 hrs we have a rule prohibiting it. Just make the ? injured player sit out the remainder of the series ( or at least a series of downs), and the team going to the sideline ( in effect a free timeout). Simple fix which protects the ? injured player from returning too quickly.

As others have stated - my biggest concern here is not the talent level or skill set. The guy has that part. Mine is the fact that he hasn't been in an 'organized' training program for close to a year now.

As far as the domestic violence issue, it seems that the legal system in California didn't have any evidence to prosecute so let's hope it was an isolated incident. I put my faith in Heupel and Company here as he has already shown us how he deals with discipline issues and that he will not tolerate them.

Welcome to Rocky Top Bru - go be part of something GREAT !!!

Reactions: KHVol
I believe he should have 4 years left, but he will only play 3 and go pro.
Redshirted in 2019, played in 2020 but it didn’t count against eligibility and played in 2021. One year of eligibility expended. Three years remaining.

Reactions: LittleVol
I say pump the brakes, While a good pick up I'm worried about his past track record. Hopefully that is all behind him and if so great addition.

I say pump the brakes, While a good pick up I'm worried about his past track record. Hopefully that is all behind him and if so great addition.
Mebbe we can get excited a little bit…then take it all back? You are correct, in that this fanbase has no experience in dealing with disappointing performances. 😏

I don't disagree. It doesn't however, change my opinion of what I said about his success at USC based on the factors I presented. If I prove right, GREAT! The cowardly punk deserves to fall on his face.
For a lot of these coaches it’s strictly a business. Riley got a better job with more money and an easier path to a championship which in turn would be more money.

If he doesn't get some sort of endorsement from IRN-BRU then the whole NIL thing is a farce.

Reactions: LittleVol
Redshirted in 2019, played in 2020 but it didn’t count against eligibility and played in 2021. One year of eligibility expended. Three years remaining.
McCoy did not play in 2021 as his suspension was never lifted.

Sounds like he will be bringing a lot of baggage. Let’s hope for maturity and give the kid a chance.

VN Store

Back