Scott Frost gets one year show cause, suspended five days

Boston Vol

Frost receives 1-year show-cause order for NCAA violations

LINCOLN, Neb. —
Nebraska football coach Scott Frost received a one-year show-cause order following an NCAA investigation.

Frost also will serve a five-day suspension from all coaching duties during the "championship segment" of the 2022 season after the NCAA determined that the Husker football program violated rules for countable coaches.

The NCAA also found that Frost violated head coach responsibility rules.

The violations occurred when a former Nebraska special teams analyst "provided technical or tactical instruction to student-athletes during practices and film sessions," according to the NCAA. He was a noncoaching staff member, which caused the Nebraska football program to "exceed the number of permissible coaches."

The NCAA said Frost failed to properly monitor the analyst and failed to notify compliance staff about the violation.

It's funny that they didn't need 3 or 4 years to do this investigation; only 2 years. That is one aspect of the NCAA that I don't really understand.

Reactions: matt1107 and SDV
It's funny that they didn't need 3 or 4 years to do this investigation; only 2 years. That is one aspect of the NCAA that I don't really understand.
The burden of proof is different for different schools. Nebraska would have had a really high burden of proof 30 years ago, but not today.

Some schools will totally skate unless a video surfaces of the head coach saying "Let's violate NCAA rules by paying players" and then is seen in public handing recruits stacks of cash, and even then it might take them multiple years to reach a conclusion because of feet-dragging. Other schools (the Missouri tutor who was taking tests for players comes to mind) get no benefit of the doubt and the whole thing is resolved quickly.

Why bother suspending a football coach for 5 days. CV got suspended and missed 4 games for bumping a ref. Not that I really care but Frost won’t miss any games for cheating.

Why bother suspending a football coach for 5 days. CV got suspended and missed 4 games for bumping a ref. Not that I really care but Frost won’t miss any games for cheating.
One was on TV, it's pretty cut and paste when it happens like that.

Isn't there an interview with Saban out there talking about how great Butch was with the players, hell you could see him on TV during games coaching up some of the Gumps.
Saban sure does push the envelope with this "countable coaches" rule. When Butch Jones was asked to describe his responsibilities at Alabama... he basically sounded like an assistant, even though he wasn't.

Isn't there an interview with Saban out there talking about how great Butch was with the players, hell you could see him on TV during games coaching up some of the Gumps.

I don’t think you can put Butch and coaching someone up in the same sentence.

VN Store

Back