Duke/UNC Official Thread 2021/2022 (K’s Last Hurrah Edition)

I’ve heard good things. Was he a late bloomer? I feel like he blew up late in the recruiting cycle.
I’m not really sure . I don’t follow recruiting that closely. I’ve seen some highlights. He looks strong and he looks athletic for his size. Faces up to the basket well.

Not that any Duke fan needs my two cents but I find this extremely hilarious.

Maybe he realized that Cal has reached his peak and there’s no opportunity at Kentucky. He’ll never get back to the top of the mountain and you could argue that he’s not the best coach in his own league. When the fans start saying things like Barnes owns Kentucky it’s only a matter of time before fireCaldotcom goes live…

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Not that any Duke fan needs my two cents but I find this extremely hilarious.

Maybe he realized that Cal has reached his peak and there’s no opportunity at Kentucky. He’ll never get back to the top of the mountain and you could argue that he’s not the best coach in his own league. When the fans start saying things like Barnes owns Kentucky it’s only a matter of time before fireCaldotcom goes live…
I love it. I actually think UK fans hate Duke more than UNC fans. It’s a different kind of hate. The added bonus is seeing Matt Jones cry. He hates both Tennessee and Duke and often goes out of his way to take shots at both. Naturally, he’s my sworn enemy. Next time he hosts Finebaum I’m going to call in.

Last edited:
Reactions: volfanbill
Mathew Mayer is a potential Manek replacement. Should he choose to come back to college.

Not as good as Manek from 3 but provides more ball handling and athleticism.

I know a UK fan who was adamant from the moment Cal signed his big extension (which was right after a run to the Elite Eight, not since they've struggled and it has become really easy to pile on him) that he would mail it in and his best days there were behind him. He was upset UK offered him that cush of a deal, no matter how good of a coach he was.

I laughed it off at first and thought he was being dramatic, but he appears to be dead on so far. He hasn't won an NCAAT game since he signed that extension.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I know a UK fan who was adamant from the moment Cal signed his big extension (which was right after a run to the Elite Eight, not since they've struggled and it has become really easy to pile on him) that he would mail it in and his best days there were behind him. He was upset UK offered him that cush of a deal, no matter how good of a coach he was.

I laughed it off at first and thought he was being dramatic, but he appears to be dead on so far. He hasn't won an NCAAT game since he signed that extension.
I hadn’t really thought about it like that. With what they have coming back, If Cal doesn’t make a deep run next season I think he’s going to be in a little trouble. Elite 8 or bust.

Because he’s nothing more than a glorified recruiter.
He’s got 1 title because of arguably the best roster in Kentucky history. He hasn’t done a thing since when coaches inside and outside of the conference our perform him on a regular basis.

Only a matter of time before fireCalDotCom goes live.

Now let’s see who comes to defend him…

Because he’s nothing more than a glorified recruiter.
He’s got 1 title because of arguably the best roster in Kentucky history. He hasn’t done a thing since when coaches inside and outside of the conference our perform him on a regular basis.

Only a matter of time before fireCalDotCom goes live.

Now let’s see who comes to defend him…
95% of good college coaches are recruiters and not elite at the Xs and Os aspect. He is by no means unique or an outlier in that regard.

Joey Baker transferring. Sort of odd and not necessarily a huge loss although would’ve been nice to have some older players in Scheyer’s first year. Baker never really did much at Duke… I think it was a case of being rated too high out of high school. He wasn’t terribly athletic and couldn’t put the ball on the floor to save his life. Hope he finds PT in his final year.

Joey Baker transferring. Sort of odd and not necessarily a huge loss although would’ve been nice to have some older players in Scheyer’s first year. Baker never really did much at Duke… I think it was a case of being rated too high out of high school. He wasn’t terribly athletic and couldn’t put the ball on the floor to save his life. Hope he finds PT in his final year.

If basketball gets as bad a football the turnover will be absolutely sickening.

Reactions: Volfan8282

But what I don't understand is why they need him to be that and do that when they have a bunch of other guys who meet that criteria and can't shoot like him. K behaves as if you need 4 guys who can create on the floor at all times. 3 is plenty.

VN Store

Back