Proud Daddy

AurantiacoFan

Please forgive the braggadocious post, but I am a proud daddy. We just arrived in Fayetteville, Arkansas today for an unofficial visit to the University of Arkansas for our youngest daughter. It is for soccer. She visited Duke, North Carolina, and we just came up from Houston where she visited Rice. We then leave here to go to California where we will see where her older sister, and who is one year older, will be attending college next Fall at Stanford where she will be on their golf team. I do not care if I am posting this where no one knows me, it is a made up name, and you are not family members that I am bragging to over Thanksgiving dinner....but I just wanted to brag on them and how they take after their mom (thank God).

Please forgive the braggadocious post, but I am a proud daddy. We just arrived in Fayetteville, Arkansas today for an unofficial visit to the University of Arkansas for our youngest daughter. It is for soccer. She visited Duke, North Carolina, and we just came up from Houston where she visited Rice. We then leave here to go to California where we will see where her older sister, and who is one year older, will be attending college next Fall at Stanford where she will be on their golf team. I do not care if I am posting this where no one knows me, it is a made up name, and you are not family members that I am bragging to over Thanksgiving dinner....but I just wanted to brag on them and how they take after their mom (thank God).
Congratulations to you and your family and there is nothing wrong with being a proud parent.

I'm confused by your post. Do you have a connection to the Univ. of Tennessee or the state of Tennessee? I assume at least the latter, or else why would you be posting on this board? Is your daughter being recruited by Tennessee? Sounds like she should be! Are you familiar with our soccer success recently? And we should have a very good team this year. Good luck.

Reactions: Lucy
I'm confused by your post. Do you have a connection to the Univ. of Tennessee or the state of Tennessee? I assume at least the latter, or else why would you be posting on this board? Is your daughter being recruited by Tennessee? Sounds like she should be! Are you familiar with our soccer success recently? And we should have a very good team this year. Good luck.

Yes. I am a graduate of the University of Tennessee. You might have noticed the interesting timing of my post and how it was not long before an announcement about the Lady Vols new coaching "search" concluded.

Reactions: VolPack22
Stanford, nice....I hope the youngest winds up at UT if that is in the cards

Thank you. Stanford is way too far for her mom and me. Killing us to think about it.

To make matters worse, she was not a recruited scholarship player. She will just get to participate, practice and refine her game while completing her academic studies there...but that means no tuition/cost break.

Last edited:
Yes. I am a graduate of the University of Tennessee. You might have noticed the interesting timing of my post and how it was not long before an announcement about the Lady Vols new coaching "search" concluded.

OK--but you're being vague. Is your daughter being recruited by Tennessee or interested in the Vols, or no? Interest or no? Or has she been on an SEC team and is transferring? Not sure what you're getting at with the coaching change. Since nobody knows you, you can feel free to be more specific!

Congratulations to you and your family. This is awesome news!

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back