Duke/UNC Official Thread 2021/2022 (K’s Last Hurrah Edition)

This thread on occasion :
View attachment 451089
Yes. That sums it up well. I like this group because while we all fiercely support our team, everyone seems to know basketball and recognize the quality of the other program. While there is a lot of back and forth, pretty much everyone in here keeps a good sense of humor about it. It reminds me of my friendships with a few Duke fans.

Last edited:
So Keels didn’t hire an agent and there are multiple stories about his potential return. And reading those, it sounds like he better have some very very impressive workouts if he plans to get drafted.

So Keels didn’t hire an agent and there are multiple stories about his potential return. And reading those, it sounds like he better have some very very impressive workouts if he plans to get drafted.
I’ve been seeing those too. I do think he’d get drafted, but not anywhere near where i think could after getting in better shape and working on shooting.

Reactions: volfanbill
Rep: Miami star Wong will enter portal if NIL not increased.

Thoughts?
Lots of unknowns here. That may be his only option, if he can’t rework his current agreement, but he might overplay his hand and not find something better elsewhere. Does his current NIL deal require him to be a student at the U and a member of the basketball team (a pseudo pay-for-play) scenario? If he doesn’t meet this requirement, would he be in breach of contract and possibly owe money back to his agent? He might just be stuck with what he has, be it good or bad.

Rep: Miami star Wong will enter portal if NIL not increased.

Thoughts?
The new normal. This is what I posted in another thread. You can’t have zero restrictions on both NIL and The Portal. You can have one, but not both. I think the portal is a bigger issue than NIL.

Sounds like someone with some sense got into Keels’ ear. Of course, if he didn’t go to class for the spring semester, his hand may be forced. Hope he comes back… a backcourt with him and Roach would be fantastic and will give some stability. I would guess the starting five would be Roach, Keels, Whitehead, Flip, and Lively. Mitchell and Baker (or Schutt) off the bench. Potentially Blakes.

It will be interesting if Scheyer goes deeper into his bench. K usually kept things to 6 or 7 at most.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Sounds like someone with some sense got into Keels’ ear. Of course, if he didn’t go to class for the spring semester, his hand may be forced. Hope he comes back… a backcourt with him and Roach would be fantastic and will give some stability. I would guess the starting five would be Roach, Keels, Whitehead, Flip, and Lively. Mitchell and Baker (or Schutt) off the bench. Potentially Blakes.

It will be interesting if Scheyer goes deeper into his bench. K usually kept things to 6 or 7 at most.
Roach and Keels in the backcourt changes the projection of the season entirely.I think the real surprise will be Filipowski. I think he is going to ball out next year. He physically looks the part.

It goes without saying but he’ll have to find 5 pieces that gel together just like Davis. Growing pains and plug and play. I’m interested in what happens after the season with such a talent rich bench. Someone will get the short straw.

Reactions: Volfan8282
Roach and Keels in the backcourt changes the projection of the season entirely.I think the real surprise will be Filipowski. I think he is going to ball out next year. He physically looks the part.
I’ve heard good things. Was he a late bloomer? I feel like he blew up late in the recruiting cycle.

Yes. That sums it up well. I like this group because while we all fiercely support our team, everyone seems to know basketball and recognize the quality of the other program. While there is a lot of back and forth, pretty much everyone in here keeps a good sense of humor about it. It reminds me of my friendships with a few Duke fans.

Yup. I think the acrimony that does develop is more a function of the lack of ability we all share to really communicate in an email/forum context, where sarcasm, nuance, vocal intonation, etc is lost. I would ascribe most of the negative exchanges I have had with @volfanbill to this phenomenon. I think we are both sarcastic smart(expletive deleted) at heart, and so would probably get along well in person.

This week, I watched an email exchange I was cc'd on turn very nasty for no apparent reason between the parties, and watching it unfold I learned, again for the umpteenth time, this very good lesson.

Now....where was I?? Oh yeah. Dook sucks. That is all.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back