‘23 TN OG Brycen Sanders (Ole Miss commit)

He's lower on our board and AP has said that the staff can get someone just as good if they miss. Would like to have him but he isn't someone you HAVE to have
Crazy that a 4* in our backyard is lower on our list cause we’re in on so many good players. NIL and the Nico effect are crazy.

We need DBs first and foremost. It's the only position on the field that plays more people than the offensive line and we are really bad there.
we're getting a **** safety next week.

need a transfer or two, and perhaps 3-4 more DB, and tackle bodies on both sides.

we're getting a **** safety next week.

need a transfer or two, and perhaps 3-4 more DB, and tackle bodies on both sides.

honestly think we should take around 6 dbs every year since that's how many you play with in today's game. No different than taking a QB and a RB every year.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Getting pressure on the quarterback helps Db’s more than anything. No doubt we need our db’s to get healthy and we need to get quality there. But you can have all Americans back there and if you can’t get to the quarterback he is going to find somebody open. We need to be disruptive upfront and have to get better there and on the edge. Getting pressure on the qb and containing the edges. That is key. GBO!

Brycen Sanders is now less than two months away from making his college decision. After narrowing his focus to four finalists nearly a month ago, he traveled to Ole Miss earlier this month on his first official visit, and he still plans to make at least a few more stops before announcing his commitment on June 23.

The four-star Class of 2023 offensive lineman from Baylor School in Chattanooga, Tenn., said his upcoming travel plans are likely to include another trip to Tennessee. He told GoVols247 on Wednesday afternoon that there's a good chance he will visit the Vols again the weekend of May 28 for a recruiting event that's expected to bring a number of high-priority targets to Knoxville.

"I think I’m going to come up at the end of May," he said. "Not sure if it will be an official (visit) yet."

The 6-foot-5, 280-pound Sanders, who's a Top247 prospect in 247Sports' rankings, announced on March 29 that he plans to choose between Tennessee, LSU, Oklahoma and Ole Miss. He went to Ole Miss the weekend of April 8 on his first official visit, and he's scheduled to take an official visit to Oklahoma the weekend of June 3.

Tennessee has hosted him on a pair of visits this year. He most recently returned to Knoxville on March 30 to attend one of the Vols' spring practices. Immediately that trip, he told GoVols247 that he "probably" wouldn't visit Tennessee again "unless I need to take an official" visit there.

“They were just talking to me, like, if I were thinking of going somewhere else, before I would do that, they would want me to come take an official to Tennessee,” Sanders said last month after his latest visit with the Vols. “And if, after I take my officials in June, if I know I’m going to go to Tennessee, they would want me to wait to take my official, like, in the season to help recruit. So it all depends (on) if I decide I want to go somewhere else, if I want to come back or not.”

In addition to possibly seeing the Vols again next month, he plans to return to LSU at some point in June before making his choice.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back