The Batman (March 4, 2022)

Like I said in my original review there are things I would have cut out to shorten it.

However it's still my opinion this is the most comic accurate depiction of Batman we have gotten. His relationship with Gordon, showing up at crime scenes. Showing why he will be called the world's greatest detective.

Folks complaining about this version of "Bruce Wayne". I'm pretty sure it was said that Bruce hadn't been seen in public in a couple of years. I think the results of the ending of the film will bring about more of the philanthropic/social Bruce some of you are more familiar with.

I actually thought the villains were awesome. Dano did great, Colin Farrell as penguin too. Can’t wait to see more of him in the hbo max spin off. Also liked the falconi “long Halloween” call back.

Dano was ten times better in There Will Be Blood. His diner scene was pretty good I give you that but one scene...

Colin Farrel was completely wasted. Any ugly fat guy could have done that. He had nothing to work with. I know, I know set up for a (sigh) sequel. You can have it.

In a few days, you’ve gone from “better than Batman begins” to “ meh. It was ok.” Lol…
Ww2 was terrible, I don’t care how good gal gadot is.
I referenced my hindsight. Now that ive had time to go back and think about it, ive changed my course.

I still think Batman was well cast. Rest, esp villains were very not so good.

Like I said in my original review there are things I would have cut out to shorten it.

However it's still my opinion this is the most comic accurate depiction of Batman we have gotten. His relationship with Gordon, showing up at crime scenes. Showing why he will be called the world's greatest detective.

Folks complaining about this version of "Bruce Wayne". I'm pretty sure it was said that Bruce hadn't been seen in public in a couple of years. I think the results of the ending of the film will bring about more of the philanthropic/social Bruce some of you are more familiar with.
I understand that, we just all have different tastes in things. I enjoyed it, and though it may have been comic accurate more than the others, it just wasn't my favorite Batman movie. I'll definitely watch the next one, and hopefully like it better.

I understand that, we just all have different tastes in things. I enjoyed it, and though it may have been comic accurate more than the others, it just wasn't my favorite Batman movie. I'll definitely watch the next one, and hopefully like it better.
Obviously you and I just don't know how to watch movies.

Reactions: joevol33
Finally got to watch this after 3 attempts. Overall....I thought it was good but not great. I'd put below Batman Begins and The Dark Knight but on par with The Dark Knight Rises. RP is a pretty good Batman but not sure how I rank him as Bruce Wayne yet because imo he didn't really get to be the typical Wayne persona. I kind of thought Dano's Riddler was annoying rather than menacing. Ferrell's Penguin really didn't get to do much other than set up his character. Catwoman was fine, the Joker tease is ok but honestly I have some Joker fatigue.

They could have cut a lot out imo, almost 3 hours was too long. And some of the stuff got too cheesy, like dude getting caught in the coffee shop and his drink has a question mark in it....ok, eye roll. Also I guess it's me just paying more attention and having trouble suspending disbelief but Batman has a high speed chase with the Penguin on a busy highway, Penguin causes a massive pile up with exploding trucks and my thought is "Cool Batman, you caught Penguin and only about 20 people had to die in a horrible crash."

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Finally got to watch this after 3 attempts. Overall....I thought it was good but not great. I'd put below Batman Begins and The Dark Knight but on par with The Dark Knight Rises. RP is a pretty good Batman but not sure how I rank him as Bruce Wayne yet because imo he didn't really get to be the typical Wayne persona. I kind of thought Dano's Riddler was annoying rather than menacing. Ferrell's Penguin really didn't get to do much other than set up his character. Catwoman was fine, the Joker tease is ok but honestly I have some Joker fatigue.

They could have cut a lot out imo, almost 3 hours was too long. And some of the stuff got too cheesy, like dude getting caught in the coffee shop and his drink has a question mark in it....ok, eye roll. Also I guess it's me just paying more attention and having trouble suspending disbelief but Batman has a high speed chase with the Penguin on a busy highway, Penguin causes a massive pile up with exploding trucks and my thought is "Cool Batman, you caught Penguin and only about 20 people had to die in a horrible crash."

He wasn't caught that was him giving himself up.

Went to my local Walmart to pick up a 4K copy and was told they didn't get any 4K editions in. Anyone else seen this problem?

This was a really good movie I thought. I honestly went into it open minded, knowing it was Pattinson and not expecting much. If I had one complaint it's that it was too long at almost 3 hours. Great story, action, suspense, drama. Pattinson worked as Batman. 6/10

This was a really good movie I thought. I honestly went into it open minded, knowing it was Pattinson and not expecting much. If I had one complaint it's that it was too long at almost 3 hours. Great story, action, suspense, drama. Pattinson worked as Batman. 6/10

Lol your score sure doesn’t match your analysis

6/10

Kinda felt like the director watched the movie Se7en and said, "this would re-make as a great superhero movie". I enjoyed it, the end was very drawn out and dry. Runtime was far too long. I will say it's the best DC movie since Nolan's Batmans. Definitely not a kids film at all, would probably give tikes nightmares. Worth a one time watch.

6/10

Kinda felt like the director watched the movie Se7en and said, "this would re-make as a great superhero movie". I enjoyed it, the end was very drawn out and dry. Runtime was far too long. I will say it's the best DC movie since Nolan's Batmans. Definitely not a kids film at all, would probably give tikes nightmares. Worth a one time watch.

I would say Wonder Woman was better, other than that I agree on the DC take.

VN Store

Back