OL James Robinson enters the portal

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Tennessee has had its first entry into the NCAA transfer portal since the end of spring practice. Redshirt sophomore offensive lineman James Robinson entered his name into the transfer database on Friday afternoon, sources told GoVols247. The third-year reserve is the first scholarship player the Vols have had go into the portal since January.

The 6-foot-4, 335-pounder out of Montgomery, Ala., signed with Tennessee in 2020 and redshirted while not appearing in any games during the 2020 season. Robinson appeared in all 13 games during the 2021 season, primarily on the field goal and extra point protection unit while also getting a handful of snaps late in a couple of games. He also got a start as a jumbo tight end when the Vols played at Alabama in October.
Tennessee OL James Robinson enters NCAA transfer portal

Didn't we have another "James Robinson" who busted under Lyle? Anniston AL kid iirc. Or was it Robison.

There really should be a dead period for the transfer portal, say from April 1 through the end of the season. It's pretty ridiculous that people can go through camp with one team and then transfer to another team. He will have just studied our playbook pretty thoroughly...same for all teams not just us.

There really should be a dead period for the transfer portal, say from April 1 through the end of the season. It's pretty ridiculous that people can go through camp with one team and then transfer to another team. He will have just studied our playbook pretty thoroughly...same for all teams not just us.

That dead period idea should extend to all sports so that coaches do not have to keep recruiting their rosters.

Realistically, where is this guy transferring too? He can't transfer to an SEX school and play right away because he missed the deadline. But even if there wasn't a deadline, he still wouldn't be transferring to an. SEC Rival. He was a 3 star prospect who has seen 1 game of action in 2 years. He's probably heading somewhere like Georgia State or UAB.

Realistically, where is this guy transferring too? He can't transfer to an SEX school and play right away because he missed the deadline. But even if there wasn't a deadline, he still wouldn't be transferring to an. SEC Rival. He was a 3 star prospect who has seen 1 game of action in 2 years. He's probably heading somewhere like Georgia State or UAB.
I'm not even sure which pun to retort with here... this is great!

18719688-D663-4971-AE24-75E1255683A5.jpeg

we don't know if he was encouraged to go elsewhere, and your right about where, or just knew he was unlikely to play much at the SEC level. This roster still has too many players not SEC level players.

If he can't break into the 2 deep or 3 deep line here, he isn't going to make it at any other SEC team. Let him go down to AAC or USA and ball out there. Good luck and hope the best for him.

Reactions: Carp and HeadVol77
I have no ill feeling about these guys finding their place after giving their all for UT and coming up short. Even among the elite, most don't make the cut.
Let's just restock the shelves and roll.

Do we have ideas on when the upgrades can begin to signed? I am not on top of all the portal info.

Yeah, me too. I've never hurd of this dude. But, good luck wherever you land my man..
Believe he was a 3-star OL that some of us thought would be good because he was lightly recruited by Alabama early on... could be wrong tho. I get some of these guys mixed up

I could be wrong but over 2500 players have entered the portal and only 54% have found a new school. The rest are still in and looking for a place to land. For me IMHO entering the portal is a bad mistake. If you're on scholarship stay where your at. If you think you'll get picked up is a hit and miss. SMH. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Reactions: swampfoxfan

VN Store

Back