Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Last time I looked this was NOT the transfer portal thread. But yeah, I’m ready for this discussion to be over and get back to WBB.
I was responding to multiple threads so yeah I should’ve made sure. That being said, try someone else or head back over to South Carolina’s forum. I didn’t send for you so I’d advise you not to try coming for me.

Christyn Williams waived from the Mystics following injury. I think she'll get picked up somewhere else. Also Ali Patberg waived from Indiana.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Christyn Williams waived from the Mystics following injury. I think she'll get picked up somewhere else. Also Ali Patberg waived from Indiana.
If Christyn does get picked up, it will be next year. She was waived because she suffered a knee injury in training camp. Odds are not in her favor, since there will be a lot of really good players entering the draft next season.

Patberg should probably look into other career options. Pro basketball opportunities likely aren't in her future.

If Christyn does get picked up, it will be next year. She was waived because she suffered a knee injury in training camp. Odds are not in her favor, since there will be a lot of really good players entering the draft next season.

Patberg should probably look into other career options. Pro basketball opportunities likely aren't in her future.
I think the UConn pedigree will have her in someone's training camp next year. She's one of a handful of the lesser-reknown Connecticut players who I'd like to see do well in the pros.

I think the UConn pedigree will have her in someone's training camp next year. She's one of a handful of the lesser-reknown Connecticut players who I'd like to see do well in the pros.

Anybody can go to training camp dosen't mean anything especially when great players will be coming out of college.

Is it that u don't like her or u don't like uconn? U really have a disliking for her that is coming through in your posts.
This is one of those celestial moments that I agree with sisaq. She will surely get invited to training camp next season, but it will be a challenge for her to make a final roster with the talent coming in.

This is one of those celestial moments that I agree with sisaq. She will surely get invited to training camp next season, but it will be a challenge for her to make a final roster with the talent coming in.
I feel where you guys are coming from regarding the strength of next year's draft, and I'm not saying anything is guaranteed, but that UConn pedigree always comes into play. Not just with coaches being more willing to give them a chance, but other former Connecticut players advocating for them. Mosqueda-Lewis didn't last as long as she did in the W because she was that good. Ok, KML might be the most egregious example, but look at how long Morgan Tuck lasted in the league despite being injury-riddled. Moriah Jefferson (who I like) and Katie-Lou Samuelson are a couple more examples.

I feel where you guys are coming from regarding the strength of next year's draft, and I'm not saying anything is guaranteed, but that UConn pedigree always comes into play. Not just with coaches being more willing to give them a chance, but other former Connecticut players advocating for them. Mosqueda-Lewis didn't last as long as she did in the W because she was that good. Ok, KML might be the most egregious example, but look at how long Morgan Tuck lasted in the league despite being injury-riddled. Moriah Jefferson (who I like) and Katie-Lou Samuelson are a couple more examples.
To paraphrase Cheryl Reeve; UConn players are all plug and play. Meaning she feels they are ready to play in the W.

I’ve never been impressed with Williams. I’m sorry she got injured, but I don’t see her making a roster unless maybe if the league expands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aladywhovolunteer
Atlanta Dream has waived guard Que Morrison. If the league were larger, would she have made a team? We need the long-in-the-tooth players to step aside.
The younger players need to step it up. If the GMs are willing to pay more for an over-the-hill player, then that says everything that needs to be said about the young incoming players.

Not verified, but I read that one of the waived players in training camp walked out because she didn't want to do the conditioning drills. If they don't have the hunger, they have no place in the league.

The younger players need to step it up. If the GMs are willing to pay more for an over-the-hill player, then that says everything that needs to be said about the young incoming players.

Not verified, but I read that one of the waived players in training camp walked out because she didn't want to do the conditioning drills. If they don't have the hunger, they have no place in the league.

It’s not always the younger players needing to step up. These GM’s are guaranteeing salaries to players that quite honestly could be paid much lower or should be traded… ala Hayes. I’m not a fan of an undersized SF who’s been in the league this long and has yet to develop a consistent shot.

We definitely need two more teams in the league, imo.

At the very minimum two. There are enough great players to field 4-6 more teams (48-72 players), IMO. Either add more teams or increase roster size from 12 to 16, which would allow everyone to draft a player or two to bring along slowly.

If there were opportunities for more players we’d probably see even more 26-28-year-old players coming into the league for the first time, too, as so many women really only reach their full potential several years after college.

The way it is now, I’m sure a lot of that type player are drafted or waived early, the motivation to keep working hard leaves for a lot of them because they all know the terrible odds of even being given another chance. There simply aren’t enough spots!

It’s not always the younger players needing to step up. These GM’s are guaranteeing salaries to players that quite honestly could be paid much lower or should be traded… ala Hayes. I’m not a fan of an undersized SF who’s been in the league this long and has yet to develop a consistent shot.
Are you talking about Tiffany Hayes? Just looked her up, and no GM would pass up a player averaging nearly 15 ppg and shooting 40% from deep for an unknown quantity. She's been consistently solid her entire career. The only knock on her is it seems like she's injured quite a bit.

Training camp is a free for all, so that's the time for rookies to show why they deserve to be on a roster over the veterans. If the younger players would make the teams better, then the GMs would pick them over a less skilled veteran.

Macee Williams from IUPUI left Phoenix training camp lol they should call Snoop in she won’t walk out of training camp 😖

Are you talking about Tiffany Hayes? Just looked her up, and no GM would pass up a player averaging nearly 15 ppg and shooting 40% from deep for an unknown quantity. She's been consistently solid her entire career. The only knock on her is it seems like she's injured quite a bit.

Training camp is a free for all, so that's the time for rookies to show why they deserve to be on a roster over the veterans. If the younger players would make the teams better, then the GMs would pick them over a less skilled veteran.

I’m not paying her as much as they are. She has proven unable to truly LEAD the Dream. She’s an overpaid complimentary player.

VN Store

Back