Transfer Portal 21-22

Hi, Darthie!👋👋🏀🧡

hey-girl.gif

Not to mention, the impact in the paint that was lost when Green went down with that Knee injury. If people think playing 15 plus minutes at the post in the SEC on a team that was 18-1 at that time is "average", that is just someone who doesn't understand the pieces that is needed to win. Just because a player doesn't have all the tricks in their back pocket doesn't mean that they can't be highly effective doing what they do well and be impactful to a top team.

Well, that was kinda the point. She went from presumably the best player in her entire conference to playing 15 minutes a game off the bench -- typical minutes for your average backup center. She was fine in that role, I'm not sure why you seem to be equating "average" to "bad."

The bigger issue in Green's case, which the "Kellie knows exactly what she's doing" crowd seems to be ignoring, is Keyen had an extensive history of injuries at Liberty before she came to Tennessee. Then she played here for two seasons, and couldn't finish either one. Now here is another mid-major player coming off a serious injury, and the thread is full of the "if she's healthy" disclaimers. Who knows? Between Green's two abbreviated seasons, and Jordan Walker's effectiveness clearly diminishing down the stretch as the mounting minutes wear down her bionic legs, I would say it's more than fair to question Kellie's wisdom in bringing in all these damaged mid-major players...

Well, that was kinda the point. She went from presumably the best player in her entire conference to playing 15 minutes a game off the bench -- typical minutes for your average backup center. She was fine in that role, I'm not sure why you seem to be equating "average" to "bad."

The bigger issue in Green's case, which the "Kellie knows exactly what she's doing" crowd seems to be ignoring, is Keyen had an extensive history of injuries at Liberty before she came to Tennessee. Then she played here for two seasons, and couldn't finish either one. Now here is another mid-major player coming off a serious injury, and the thread is full of the "if she's healthy" disclaimers. Who knows? Between Green's two abbreviated seasons, and Jordan Walker's effectiveness clearly diminishing down the stretch as the mounting minutes wear down her bionic legs, I would say it's more than fair to question Kellie's wisdom in bringing in all these damaged mid-major players...
I was with you until “bionic legs” Darth, just keep it clean man, no need for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little chickies and puppies need to start worrying. Kellie has built a strong nucleus and added in some really good players. If they can continue to master the psychology of the game, they will be real trouble for everyone next season.

Our championship hopes may go through the PG position this season. The wings /forwards are deep and talented and Tamari will be there to patrol the paint. We've got to perform better out front.....

That’s true.. PG play is the key. I believe in Miles ability to develop into a good PG at Tenn. She reminds me of D.Johnson from NC State.. with Powell I think she will thrive in the SEC. The quickness, ball handling skills, and passing ability she possess will improve the offense. Plus, from highlights it seems that she has a solid personal trainer. So does Miles who trains with her dad. I currently train a player on the HS level in another sport I coach and it makes a difference..

Reactions: Rickster
Yeah, if only she could coach lol….

I think it’s an interesting move. Have heard some of the transfers talking about getting together at a mid-major. They could have a pretty good team next season.
Aston was hired by UTSA to build them a women’s basketball program. She actually put Texas back on the road to being relevant. The problem was that she could not beat Baylor or go very far in the NCAA tournament. She was a better version of Holly, except she was a little better coach, but not good enough for Texas’ desire to win championships.

South Carolina?

Edit: Tweet's been deleted, but it was Angel Reese letting people know things were about to "get scary," re: recruiting

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Criticizing Kellie for bringing in "damaged goods" is unfair. First, it's not often one finds an accomplished basketball player who has never been injured. And it is relatively common to find accomplished basketball players who have suffered at least one major injury in their career if they have completed at a high level. Of the universe of players available in the portal, there are going to be many who have suffered such injuries in the past. If a doctor is clearing them to play, how can Kellie be expected to calculate the odds beforehand of the likelihood of another major injury or reoccurrence of nagging injuries?? If you eliminate those in the portal who were not going to come to UT (the program was in a shambles), and then cull out of the remaining group anyone who might be likely to suffer significant injuries at Tennessee, who do you have left?

Jordan Horston suffered a fractured elbow last season. Should Kellie be willing to play her this season for fear it could be re-injured? Marta has been injured with season ending types twice in two years? Should Kellie not play her for fear of re-injury? Injuries are part of the game.

Maybe the question should be put to you: Who among those who were in the portal then, and that Kellie could have had, were both 1) sure bets against any kind of significant injury, and 2) good enough to play in the SEC, even if just a role player? Name names, please.

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back