Football Time Magazine

ESPN has had a thumbs-down bias against Tennessee since Forever! You can say what you want, but it is (and has been) blatantly obvious. Whether it's their broad-casting, their news articles, their commercials, or just their damn piss-poor attitude and comments about Tennessee. --It is a FACT!

Last edited:
I often wonder if they create these rankings to piss fanbases off, there is no basis of logic in it at all......
BINGO. It is designed precisely to piss off fans so they will rush in, read it, maybe post a comment or two, and watch their click counter grow.
Don’t feed the trolls
i really couldn’t care les what some ESPN lackey thinks of the Vols. The team will do what it will do on the Field this fall that is all that matters.

We usually underperform their pre-season FPI win total, so I guess they just lost confidence in us at some point. Last year we over performed, we finished with 7 wins after being predicted 6.6. I think that was our first overperformance since 2015 though.

Agree....... and Arkansas at #11? I believe both Tennessee and Arkansas will be much better.
Only explanation is they did a line of crack thinking it was coke. I mean Auburn at 3? Literally the only explanation.

More ESPN horseshit. How can they rank us 10th in the SEC? I really do think they have a problem with UT.

SEC football power rankings, final record predictions according to ESPN FPI
College Football

I would rather be underranked than overrated. Remember when everyone thought we were going to win the East if not more the year we started 5-0 and squeaked out that win at Georgia? Everyone including ESPN was drinking the Kool aid. We have done absolutely nothing to win back trust since then. We also lost to Purdue in our bowl game to end our year, we lost one of our top receivers, kick returner, defensive backs, offensive linemen, running backs and we did not fill the hole with defensive backs. I'm sure there's more. All this after a team that played well above everyone's expectations after Huepel inherited an already depleted roster and dumpster fire.

We should not have high expectations until we have a complete roster. ESPN knows this. IMO, After having high expectations following Butch's strong start and Pruitt's strong start, the only should is that we should know this too. That said, I am excited for this year and hope to see some of that exciting play we saw last year. I hope to see some talent step up and of course I hope Huepel and company go above and beyond what our expectations should be once again.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back