Kellie and next year's returning players

Nice looking group of young ladies ! And there is more comingā€¦ā€¦ šŸ¤” This will be the most depth we have seen in awhileā€¦. Plus they all can contribute in their own ways ā€¦ Will we press full court ? All of the game ? What a nightmare for our competition. Canā€™t wait šŸ˜›

Nice looking group of young ladies ! And there is more comingā€¦ā€¦ šŸ¤” This will be the most depth we have seen in awhileā€¦. Plus they all can contribute in their own ways ā€¦ Will we press full court ? All of the game ? What a nightmare for our competition. Canā€™t wait šŸ˜›

Literally almost every player has proven they can contribute to us being a top team.

Definitely think we will see more full court action next season. Kellie has mentioned wanting to pickup full court more. We will finally have the depth to do so.

If they can work on a really good press our length could really turn some teams over. A lot to throw over. Should help our turnovers if we are instead the team forcing them for easy scores

1: Walker, Powell, Miles, E. Darby
2: Horston, Wynn, Pissott, Rennie
3: Jackson, Darby, Pissott, Puckett/Suarez
4: Puckett, Franklin, Suarez
5: Key, Striplin, Franklin

Now thatā€™s what I call a depth chart! Hard telling how the minutes will shake out.

The Point Guard and 4 spot are going to be interesting to watch in particular. I think both Powell and Franklin have significant starter potential.

Last edited:
1: Walker, Powell, Miles, E. Darby
2: Horston, Wynn, Rennie
3: Jackson, Darby, Puckett/Suarez
4: Puckett, Franklin, Suarez
5: Key, Striplin, Franklin

Now thatā€™s what I call a depth chart! Hard telling how the minutes will shake out.

The Point Guard and 4 spot are going to be interesting to watch in particular. I think both Powell and Franklin have significant starter potential.
Don't forget Justine!

powell, miles, e. Darby
Walker, Darby, rennie
Horston, wynn, pissott
Jackson, Puckett, Suarez
Key, Franklin, striplin

powell, miles, e. Darby
Walker, Darby, rennie
Horston, wynn, pissott
Jackson, Puckett, Suarez
Key, Franklin, striplin
I almost see this like when Hockey teams change lines.
So you think weā€™ve run you ragged for ten minutes? Hold on, here are five new ones who are going to run you ragged for the next ten minutes.

By the time conference play rolls around:

Powell/Walker/Miles/E Darby (Walker might start first game onward)
Horston/Walker/Pissott/Wynn
Jackson/Pissott/Darby/Suarez. (Darby might start first game onward)
Franklin/Puckett/Suarez/Striplin (Puckett might start first game onward)
Key/Puckett/Franklin/Striplin

This is not a good perimeter shooting starting five, but Darby, Pissott and Puckett wait in the wings (pun intended!)
This starting five reflects Summitt and Harper: Defense wins games and rebounding wins championships
Gonna be hard to keep everyone happy with all this depth. But a nice problem to have
I don't think Pissott can start on this team. She will need develoment to rebound and post up, and be more physical, to go with her shooting and passing skills.
A lot depends on Franklin's knee health, and to a lesser extent on Suarez's foot.
Looking forward to seeing Walker without a leg brace.
Puckett will hopefully add rebounding to her game offseason and become the first off the bench forward.
Harper will keep last scholly in her pocket and not use it unless a real, true, bonafide gem drops on her doorstep.
Here's hoping Key comes in with increased conditioning, strength and explosiveness, and a midrange that won't stop
Here's hoping Striplin becomes a better defender and rebounder in the offseason, and moves up in the pecking order at the five.

This is not a good perimeter shooting starting five, but Darby, Pissott and Puckett wait in the wings (pun intended!)
This starting five reflects Summitt and Harper: Defense wins games and rebounding wins championships
Gonna be hard to keep everyone happy with all this depth. But a nice problem to have
I don't think Pissott can start on this team. She will need develoment to rebound and post up, and be more physical, to go with her shooting and passing skills.
A lot depends on Franklin's knee health, and to a lesser extent on Suarez's foot.
Puckett will hopefully add rebounding to her game offseason and become the first off the bench forward.
Harper will keep last scholly in her pocket and not use it unless a real, true, bonafide gem drops on her doorstep.
Here's hoping Key comes in with increased conditioning, strength and explosiveness, and a midrange that won't stop
Here's hoping Striplin becomes a better defender and rebounder in the offseason, and moves up in the pecking order at the five.
Agree with a lot of what you said but you are selling Wynn way short. She will be our best defender next year and I expect a sharp improvement in her offense. She can get to the rim anytime she wants. Miles will also make her mark. Again a lockdown defender and obviously a leader in training!
Kellie will make sure these kids get lots of minutes as they will be go to in 23-24.

Agree with a lot of what you said but you are selling Wynn way short. She will be our best defender next year and I expect a sharp improvement in her offense. She can get to the rim anytime she wants. Miles will also make her mark. Again a lockdown defender and obviously a leader in training!
Kellie will make sure these kids get lots of minutes as they will be go to in 23-24.

Agreed, I believe Kellie will develop Kaiya much like she did Calip. Very similar players with similar issues. Calip became an outstanding slasher and mid range player and eventually developed an OK 3 point shot as well.

Last edited:

yeah, there's gonna be a real logjam at the 2 and the 3, as well at other positions. I hope you're right that Wynn will push people for minutes. Nice problem to have.

yeah, there's gonna be a real logjam at the 2 and the 3, as well at other positions. I hope you're right that Wynn will push people for minutes. Nice problem to have.
Wynn, despite the minor injuries she incurred gave us some nice minutes down the stretch this past season. I see all 4 of the freshman growing a lot in this offseason and coming into the next season with something to prove. Wynn, literally needs the game to slow down for her. She has a lot of Rae Burrell tendencies but may be a better all-round athlete. Incredibly fast and will get to the rim at will this next season. Would like to see her work on her mid-range game and find a couple of spots she can knock down a mid-range jump shot consistently. Can you imagine bringing the speed and tenacity of Wynn and Miles off the bench after the first 5 wear a team down 6-8 minutes? It is gonna be fun to watch

Wynn, despite the minor injuries she incurred gave us some nice minutes down the stretch this past season. I see all 4 of the freshman growing a lot in this offseason and coming into the next season with something to prove. Wynn, literally needs the game to slow down for her. She has a lot of Rae Burrell tendencies but may be a better all-round athlete. Incredibly fast and will get to the rim at will this next season. Would like to see her work on her mid-range game and find a couple of spots she can knock down a mid-range jump shot consistently. Can you imagine bringing the speed and tenacity of Wynn and Miles off the bench after the first 5 wear a team down 6-8 minutes? It is gonna be fun to watch

Yes, I agree that she would add a terrific dimension if she improves this offseason. Her natural given talent of speed helps her be a better defender and slasher to the rim, and those are her strengths. I'm sure she's going to be asked to rebound more by Kellie, as that is what being a LV is under CKH. She is a 2/3 type with good size, and If she develops a 3 point shot that defenders actually have to worry about, she could be quite the weapon on offense. I'm guessing it will take more than one offseason to develop that shot, though.

Reactions: Lucy and lvocd

ā€˜Here's hoping Key comes in with increased conditioning, strength and explosiveness, and a midrange that won't stopā€™

Yes PLEASE!

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back