Caleb Herring has committed

7 dudes in the 2023 class so far - everyone of them were pursued by the "big boys" and for you star counters, I think the lowest rated is a high 3 star, likely to be a 4 by the time he gets to Rocky Top.

Spillman is an 84 - a mid/lower 3*. He had 3 offers and we were the only P5. So I would disagree about that.

Also wouldn't say Bussell, Robinson, and Duncan were pursued by any "big boys" unless you mean UK and Ole Miss (going by offer lists). We'll end up with some 3*s for sure, every team does. Nothing wrong with that. These 3 are right on the "average" recruit for us over recent years...pretty good.

Not to discount the above guys and overall our class is looking excellent. But just some additional info. If we can keep up this level of recruiting (90.6 average), a top 10 class is surely in store.

uga wanted him bad if they were still pursuing as hard as it sounds like they were with everyone knowing he would pick UT in the end. Schools usually don’t waste their time on guys like this. Makes them look bad when they’re spurned
We lose 5/6 games this year, they’ll be happy to pull on his ear again.

Reactions: vettefool
Spillman is an 84 - a mid/lower 3*. He had 3 offers and we were the only P5. So I would disagree about that.

Also wouldn't say Bussell, Robinson, and Duncan were pursued by any "big boys" unless you mean UK and Ole Miss (going by offer lists). We'll end up with some 3*s for sure, every team does. Nothing wrong with that. These 3 are right on the "average" recruit for us over recent years...pretty good.

Not to discount the above guys and overall our class is looking excellent. But just some additional info. If we can keep up this level of recruiting (90.6 average), a top 10 class is surely in store.
Thanks for the clarifications. Admittedly I'm not big into the recruiting and tracking aspect side of it all.

I know enough to watch a guy on film or in a game and know he has the talent and skills to be successful. So far I've seen that all.of these men.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
WELCONE to the hill young man!

Now get to work helping us recruit more of the best like yourself.

BOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

All about the Jimmies and the Joes!

Team of top talent and mediocre coaching will beat the hell out of a top coached team with mediocre talent.

All about the Jimmies and the Joes!

Team of top talent and mediocre coaching will beat the hell out of a top coached team with mediocre talent.
Not so sure my friend...Dooley had a top 5 class, Butch had a couple of top 5 classes...we won't mention Pruitt even though his class was top 5 his coaching fell short of even mediocre.

VN Store

Back