Sorry but its getting old [Barnes discussion] (merged)

Yea, looks like we’re leading on him too, would be huge for us to pick up a true point guard ready to come in and contribute.
He was a 11 ppg and 7.7 ast ppg guy so definitely a huge win for the team.

Yea, looks like we’re leading on him too, would be huge for us to pick up a true point guard ready to come in and contribute.
He was a 11 ppg and 7.7 ast ppg guy so definitely a huge win for the team.
You mean like some of us tried to tell you and you told us we were wrong cause there weren’t threads about him?

You mean like some of us tried to tell you and you told us we were wrong cause there weren’t threads about him?
I still haven’t changed my stance on Rick Barnes, at all really. This one player is good for the team but I don’t see him being a game changer, and I’d like to see us get Julian Philips that would be what I consider a game changer. As it stands we’re still well behind auburn,Kentucky, and Arkansas.

You cared enough to check this thread and comment on something I said when I wasn’t even talking to you 😂😂.
I pretty much read all the bball threads and have been doing so for 10 years. Most of the time they aren’t polluted with monotonous Barnes bashers like yourself and a few others of late although it appears the guru is gone thankfully. I don’t plan to quit reading this forum because you decide to spew your opinion over and over. Instead, I’ll just join the crowd in bashing your negativity in hopes you’ll crawl back into your hole.

I pretty much read all the bball threads and have been doing so for 10 years. Most of the time they aren’t polluted with monotonous Barnes bashers like yourself and a few others of late although it appears the guru is gone thankfully. I don’t plan to quit reading this forum because you decide to spew your opinion over and over. Instead, I’ll just join the crowd in bashing your negativity in hopes you’ll crawl back into your hole.
🙄🙄 whatever you say big guy. Have a blessed day.

I did say that. He has won us a sec championship, but as I’ve stated in this thread he probably should’ve won at least one more if not 2 more with the talent he has had. When I started this thread I chose to take off the orange sunglasses and look at Barnes and be honest with myself.
Is the guy consistently underperforming when basketball matters most? Yes.
After winning the sec championship did he use that momentum in recruiting. No, we are way behind Arkansas,Kentucky, and auburn
And finally do I think coach Barnes is gonna be able to keep steadily improving from year to year. No I don’t think so, in all honestly I see us taking a step back this year from last.

I did say that. He has won us a sec championship, but as I’ve stated in this thread he probably should’ve won at least one more if not 2 more with the talent he has had. When I started this thread I chose to take off the orange sunglasses and look at Barnes and be honest with myself.
After winning the sec championship did he use that momentum in recruiting. No, we are way behind Arkansas,Kentucky, and auburn
And finally do I think coach Barnes is gonna be able to keep steadily improving from year to year. No I don’t think so, in all honestly I see us taking a step back this year from last.

First bolded: he’s never had the most talented team in the SEC, yet according to you he should’ve won at least 2 if not 3 SEC Championships? So do something literally no other Tennessee coach has done, not even the great Bruce Pearl, that’s your barometer?

Second bolded: once again, recruiting isn’t over, we have 4 open spots, maybe wait to make that claim? If we close with Collins, Key, Phillips and blank I would say they did a great job using that momentum.

Third bolded: per what? Most way to early polls I have read have us similar to Kentucky, behind Arkansas and ahead of Auburn. Somewhere between 9-20, so take the middle and say 15? Preseason Top 15 isn’t good enough for you?

Fourth bolded: we had a Top 10 season, how many teams go back to back Top 10? It’s not exactly some monumental claim to say you think we could take a step back, but that also doesn’t mean what you seem to think it does.

You from March told me that present-day-you should probably just relax and wait and see how the roster shakes out.

He’s a bit of a pollyanna, but wise enough in his own way.

@SonOfGodVolforlife
I have never met a VFL in any sport that warrants such a title.
Self appointed and Self anointed
Care to share why you have chosen a name or why you deserve the Handle.
It is kind of funny how someone with your title would chose the path you have chosen to do so.
Hey the Maui tournament is 2.5 recruiting classes/Portals away. You should know that we are a season out because you have been told.

@SonOfGodVolforlife
I have never met a VFL in any sport that warrants such a title.
Self appointed and Self anointed
Care to share why you have chosen a name or why you deserve the Handle.
It is kind of funny how someone with your title would chose the path you have chosen to do so.
Hey the Maui tournament is 2.5 recruiting classes/Portals away. You should know that we are a season out because you have been told.

064AA333-5FE5-4993-8ADF-BAEF03F98114.jpeg

First bolded: he’s never had the most talented team in the SEC, yet according to you he should’ve won at least 2 if not 3 SEC Championships? So do something literally no other Tennessee coach has done, not even the great Bruce Pearl, that’s your barometer?

Second bolded: once again, recruiting isn’t over, we have 4 open spots, maybe wait to make that claim? If we close with Collins, Key, Phillips and blank I would say they did a great job using that momentum.

Third bolded: per what? Most way to early polls I have read have us similar to Kentucky, behind Arkansas and ahead of Auburn. Somewhere between 9-20, so take the middle and say 15? Preseason Top 15 isn’t good enough for you?

Fourth bolded: we had a Top 10 season, how many teams go back to back Top 10? It’s not exactly some monumental claim to say you think we could take a step back, but that also doesn’t mean what you seem to think it does.
I will say this about the bolded part. Some numbers I saw when making my bracket this year, we really need to get pre season top 10 to get where we want to go.

You nancies ran off one of the best posters on here with your ridiculous labeling of drive by and troll. BS. Seen ZJC lately. And you idiots called him a drive by. Should probably leave you clicky girl boys to your sunshine pumping gush. Pretty nauseating. GFY
No one who knows better has ever called ZJC a drive-by, but by all means, keep making stuff up.

How close are "we" (still hilarious that you lump me in with the group who infuriates you so badly) to running you off? They need to employ Neyland Maxim #3.

Reactions: GenRRN
No one who knows better has ever called ZJC a drive-by, but by all means, keep making stuff up.

How close are "we" (still hilarious that you lump me in with the group who infuriates you so badly) to running you off? They need to employ Neyland Maxim #3.
Oh I assure you I'm not making that up. It was back mid season; in fact one of the last times he posted in here. I think it was your good friend BTO that said it. Short memories can be convenient. You boys enjoy the new Rolltide 2 forum. It's what clicky bitches deserve.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Oh I assure you I'm not making that up. It was back mid season; in fact one of the last times he posted in here. I think it was your good friend BTO that said it. Short memories can be convenient. You boys enjoy the new Rolltide 2 forum. It's what clicky bitches deserve.
False. In fact I specifically excluded Zjc from being called a drive by.

So can senility.

Put on more steam, boys. Calban's on tilt.

VN Store

Back