Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I do believe some of it can be a misunderstanding of culture. But some of it is just rivalry. Some of it is because a poster on here knows her and her family from philly and just isn't feeling her. I think it can be a lot of things but she is winning that's for sure and she is helping continue to pave the way.
I think some are confusing the word race. Me saying that doesn’t mean I’m calling anyone a racist. To me race and culture goes hand in hand. 🤷🏾‍♂️ I could be wrong though.

I can definitely accept that race may play a role in the community you live as it does in a lot of communities, unfortunately, and I live in one of the most diverse communities in the country, but i cannot accept personalizing to a coach who has a stellar history, and then now you are bringing Sophie Cunningham's name into the conversation saying she did the same things and got away with it, when in fact you don't know for certain she did do those same things. That is bias and opinion and if you are indeed an attorney, you know that. Those words I am not putting in your mouth, you just keep saying them.
Cunningham got away with a lot of dirty stuff on the court that I have witnessed with my eyes. The coach must approved of it because her behavior was the same over 4 years. I would not be surprised if she is not an angel off the court. Blackwell in her tweet back at Sophie, made it seem like Sophie was being a hypocrite.

I actually meant to add most but because that’s what it is in my opinion. Most of the arguments made about not liking her is simply that at the end of the day. And I have always been told that if it doesn’t apply, let it fly. So if it doesn’t then there’s no need to be insulted.
That is a very weak clean up attempt. Somewhat along the lines of the “ I apologize to anyone who may have been upset by my comment” non-apology. Basically saying the problem is not my comment, it is how you let it impact you.
I’m done discussing this because I don’t want to give your scurrilous accusations anymore air.

Reactions: Rickster
More happenings at Georgia. Katie Abrahamson-Henderson hired Nykesha Sales as an assistant coach. Also, Texas transfer Audrey Warren visited this weekend along with UCF transfers Alisha Lewis and Brittney Smith.
Please for the love of God, I pray Ms. Warren decides to hang them up. I’m afraid she’s going to hurt herself…especially in the SEC😳😳😳

Reactions: dapeak and lvocd
Cunningham got away with a lot of dirty stuff on the court that I have witnessed with my eyes. The coach must approved of it because her behavior was the same over 4 years. I would not be surprised if she is not an angel off the court. Blackwell in her tweet back at Sophie, made it seem like Sophie was being a hypocrite.
When you have a high degree black belt you can get away with that.

AA Aaliyah Gayles, commit to the USC Trojans, was one of the victims of the shooting at the Vegas house party this weekend. She was shot multiple times and has already required 2 emergency surgeries.

Prayers to this young lady and her family. She was on the Jordan Brand team with Justine Pissott.

Spring Valley High basketball star Aaliyah Gayles shot at party

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Reactions: stlvolsfan and Lucy
That is a very weak clean up attempt. Somewhat along the lines of the “ I apologize to anyone who may have been upset by my comment” non-apology. Basically saying the problem is not my comment, it is how you let it impact you.
I’m done discussing this because I don’t want to give your scurrilous accusations anymore air.
Obviously you have me confused, there’s no apology in my response so try again. I meant what I said but did leave a word of two out mistakenly. Take it as you will sweetheart and anyone else for that matter. Whatever you felt you gave to it was your choice and it wasn’t needed. Therefore you won’t be missed.

Obviously you have me confused, there’s no apology in my response so try again. I meant what I said but did leave a word of two out mistakenly. Take it as you will sweetheart and anyone else for that matter. Whatever you felt you gave to it was your choice and it wasn’t needed. Therefore you won’t be missed.
So you are all good with saying anyone who doesn’t care for Dawn’s self promotion is doing so because of problems with black culture but you feel free to throw out “sweetheart” as a sexist way to diminish me, my opinions and all the women who post here. You are quite the gem. Almost makes me think you are not a women’s sports fan but rather someone looking to stir the pot.

So you are all good with saying anyone who doesn’t care for Dawn’s self promotion is doing so because of problems with black culture but you feel free to throw out “sweetheart” as a sexist way to diminish me, my opinions and all the women who post here. You are quite the gem. Almost makes me think you are not a women’s sports fan but rather someone looking to stir the pot.

Quite a piece of work isn't it. Chickens think they run the place now.

Reactions: Lucy
My problem with Dawn has nothing to do with the color of her skin. It could a lesbian coach saying “Look at me! I’m the first really out D1 women’s basketball coach! Hang a banner! Put up a statue!” Just no.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Do you have any updates on her status? I hope she’s out of danger.

Per various news reports, she's conscious, and the GoFundMe set up for her says...
"On Saturday night, Aaliyah [Gayles] was shot multiple times after leaving a house party. She was rushed into trauma with over 10 shots to her extremities. She has already undergone extensive surgeries and will have more to come. "

Looks like Ohio State women's basketball has some violations. How do you get violations in golf and fencing? :D

Honestly after the last time this needs to be it for McGuff. They need to fire him. He’s the one in charge and the one who permitted his assistants to totally ignore recruiting rules. No reason it should be tolerated and no reason he should be able to remain as head coach. Should receive another post season ban.

Tired of these coaches who think recruiting rules or for everyone else…..

Looking at you Brenda….

If even 50% of the rumors I've heard are true, or even 50% true, then the list of P5 conference coaches who don't routinely break recruiting (and all sorts of allowable workout time) rules would be shockingly short.

Reactions: VolBall09
Honestly after the last time this needs to be it for McGuff. They need to fire him. He’s the one in charge and the one who permitted his assistants to totally ignore recruiting rules. No reason it should be tolerated and no reason he should be able to remain as head coach. Should receive another post season ban.

Tired of these coaches who think recruiting rules or for everyone else…..

Looking at you Brenda….
Truth.....Once may be a mistake. Twice it is habitual and a problem... The student-athletes end up suffering because the coaches can't follow the rules.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back