Where was the Fur Coat/Hat for the HR?

I never saw them this weekend. Am I missing something?

Jeff Macias (that Mr. Napoleon ump) took issue with Jordan’s HR celebration, so he told Coach Elander and the Tennessee dugout that they couldn’t have the fur coat on the field. 🙄 Therefore, the daddy hat and fur coat HR celebrations took place in their dugout for the weekend.

Anybody know the history of that Ben Stiller ump? Did he go to Alabama? The other umps did a good job behind the plate but that guy sucked big time!
Supposedly had “57 missed ball/strike callls” during his Friday stint behind the plate. Classic case of failed MLB/Minor League umpire getting a college job as having a power trip.

Jeff Macias (that Mr. Napoleon ump) took issue with Jordan’s HR celebration, so he told Coach Elander and the Tennessee dugout that they couldn’t have the fur coat on the field. 🙄 Therefore, the daddy hat and fur coat HR celebrations took place in their dugout for the weekend.
That dude is unreal. How does he have a job at this level

Supposedly had “57 missed ball/strike callls” during his Friday stint behind the plate. Classic case of failed MLB/Minor League umpire getting a college job as having a power trip.
Real number was 27 missed pitches. Ben McKee quoted the wrong number. 27 missed call for an SEC umpire is horrible, literally that’s Little League level…..

Real number was 27 missed pitches. Ben McKee quoted the wrong number. 27 missed call for an SEC umpire is horrible, literally that’s Little League level…..
Agreed, thanks for giving me the right number! I follow an account on Twitter called umpire auditor I think, and they try to crucify MLB umps for missing 10 calls in a night. Obviously the SEC isn’t the MLB but 27 should never be acceptable.

Even Dr. Jerry Punch tweeted that he had never seen an umpire inject himself as much into a series as Jeff Macias did this weekend. This isn't sour grapes. We won the series, but from calling high ankle strikes to his hair-trigger toss of Anderson and then making a big deal out of the coat... Macias held a higher profile than an umpire ever should. He also called the Texas game in the CWS, where there was controversy.

Does anyone know if he is always like this? Or is it just Tennessee?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back