Tennessee Lady Vol News

Ok, started watching this. In the first quarter/half, seemed like most of the players on Justine’s team were just trying to get their own shot, especially Rice, who shot and missed several times. Justine missed a transition layup. No one kicked the ball out for Justine to shoot, so finally, she got the ball at the other end of the court, went down to just outside the free throw area, didn’t pass it away, and made a beautiful pull-up jumper. At the end of the quarter, with no time left, she got the ball way on the other side of half line, threw it up and it almost went in. 😀

Last edited:
I would hate to be Kiki Rice’s teammates at UCLA. They will never see the ball.

Give me the ball Kiki Rice so I can shoot it...
Enough of this...

She is a baller ... Do not get that mistaken i would love for her to be our incoming PG with this class we have coming in!

She was the consensus national player of the year and one of the most unselfish people on the #1 team in the country. If she were to ever transfer I would pray she gave us a look and she brought some of her teammates off of the number 1 ranked team in the country who was coached by the national coach of the year.

I saw Justine get 3 blocks and a handful rebounds in the all-star game.

She had a nice runner from the free throw line --- very pretty arc on the ball. Her head is always up looking for the outlet pass when she is coming down court, and her coach had her inbounds the ball at every opportunity.

Her weaknesses are her first step and not being hugely athletic. She isn't really built for contact and will definitely need to hit the weight room and training table. Her wingspan seems to be longer than her height and she uses it to make up for getting beaten off the dribble sometimes. She only took a couple of shots that I saw so not much to report there. I couldn't tell what sort of handle she has since the one time she tried to make a move the girl fouled her before she really got started. She definitely works the pass and not the dribble though.

She has an interesting gait. She runs straight up with a high center of gravity. She looks like she is not moving all that fast but she was generally able to keep up when running down the court. No burst though, and change of direction will give her fits.

She does some of the little things well that aren't always noticed. One smart play she had was when she slowed down on a fast break to screen the defense from the ball handler.

She is a different sort of player than anyone we have now, or have had in the past that I can recall. It will be interesting to see how that plays out --- especially in the SEC. We won't really know what we have in her until we see her in a team setting against good competition. Going up against Jordy and BK in practice will do her a world of good.

Hope that helps anyone who didn't see the game.

I saw Justine get 3 blocks and a handful rebounds in the all-star game.

She had a nice runner from the free throw line --- very pretty arc on the ball. Her head is always up looking for the outlet pass when she is coming down court, and her coach had her inbounds the ball at every opportunity.

Her weaknesses are her first step and not being hugely athletic. She isn't really built for contact and will definitely need to hit the weight room and training table. Her wingspan seems to be longer than her height and she uses it to make up for getting beaten off the dribble sometimes. She only took a couple of shots that I saw so not much to report there. I couldn't tell what sort of handle she has since the one time she tried to make a move the girl fouled her before she really got started. She definitely works the pass and not the dribble though.

She has an interesting gait. She runs straight up with a high center of gravity. She looks like she is not moving all that fast but she was generally able to keep up when running down the court. No burst though, and change of direction will give her fits.

She does some of the little things well that aren't always noticed. One smart play she had was when she slowed down on a fast break to screen the defense from the ball handler.

She is a different sort of player than anyone we have now, or have had in the past that I can recall. It will be interesting to see how that plays out --- especially in the SEC. We won't really know what we have in her until we see her in a team setting against good competition. Going up against Jordy and BK in practice will do her a world of good.

Hope that helps anyone who didn't see the game.
If she can knock down the three at 38 percent accuracy like she did for four years of high school she will serve a huge purpose for our team. If we could get reliable three point shooting were going to be hard to beat. It has been the biggest negative of the last few teams.

I don’t know how to insert a tweet but it looks like Candace’s new baby is here and she named her Summit!!

I think this may have been what you saw... This isnt Candace's baby but i love the name all the same. Looks like the tennis head coach has a new baby girl🥰🎉🍊

Last edited:
I think this may have been what you saw... This isnt Candace's baby but i love the name all the same. Looks like the tennis head coach has a new baby girl🥰🎉🍊

Thank you for correcting!!!!!! When I read the last name I recognized it and thought it was Candace’s wife’s name! Well I am embarrassed I screwed that up but excited about a baby girl named Summit!

Thank you for correcting!!!!!! When I read the last name I recognized it and thought it was Candace’s wife’s name! Well I am embarrassed I screwed that up but excited about a baby girl named Summit!

don't be embarrassed! That's an awesome find and thanks for bringing it to the forum. Many might not have seen it and how someone honored Pat if you hadn't

VN Store

Back