Milton Package

SoddyAllVol

Just hear me out, maybe you like it maybe you don’t. Any chance we have a Wildcat, option, or some sort of package to get the ball in his hands sometimes. I know he had the debacle at ole miss and his deep accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. but I feel like he’s too athletic to not touch the ball. I also truly believe he will have developed with another year learning from heup. Just a thought. Shout at me if ya want.

He will get his chance to shine towards the end of blowout wins. I see 5 blowout wins mixed in with 4 close wins and then 3 nail biting wins. After that 3 more blowout wins.

Milton will get another chance to impress the NFL folks.

Just hear me out, maybe you like it maybe you don’t. Any chance we have a Wildcat, option, or some sort of package to get the ball in his hands sometimes. I know he had the debacle at ole miss and his deep accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. but I feel like he’s too athletic to not touch the ball. I also truly believe he will have developed with another year learning from heup. Just a thought. Shout at me if ya want.

Why? What does he do that Hooker doesn’t? Or that a RB wouldn’t be better at? He can’t throw deep, he’s average at best short and mid, he isn’t fast, and he isn’t a punishing runner. There is no point in this package.

That sounded like I was being a jerk not intended to sound like that.

I’ve always thought it would be neat to see a team have a 2nd offense completely different (maybe wishbone or veer style) from the 1st team that they play 2 or 3 series a game a La the old Chinese Bandits at LSU in the 50s. It would force defenses to spend time preparing for it and limit what they could do vs your primary offense.

It’s crazy I admit cause no one has tried it.

People can grow. They can change.

That includes athletes. They can grow and change in their game.

But will Joe develop in the directions we all hope he will? Will he learn to use physical contact to his advantage, rather than shying from it as he did repeatedly last season? Will he develop better control of apparent game-day nerves and bring "practice accuracy" to Saturdays, in the future?

We won't know until we know. We can hope, but shouldn't count on anything until we see it. Until then, a quarterback--any quarterback--who suffers inaccuracy passing and hesitance running, he will never be worthy of any type of packaging.

Why would you make a special package for a backup QB when you’re starter is better running and throwing the football and makes better decisions with the ball?

How about a new wrinkle that the defense wouldn’t expect? I remember hearing something about an option package being worked on. While Milton is not the best passer, he could be utilized. Say we somehow were in a close game with one of the big dogs, down at the 5-10 yard line going for the go ahead score. What’s wrong with putting Milton in for a special package play?

Why? What does he do that Hooker doesn’t? Or that a RB wouldn’t be better at? He can’t throw deep, he’s average at best short and mid, he isn’t fast, and he isn’t a punishing runner. There is no point in this package.

You are making assumptions off of last year. You don’t know what he will look like this year. Towards the end of last year Milton’s passing looked better. Also, you don’t think Heupel can scheme up a play that could utilize Milton’s abilities?

Reactions: WoodsmanVol

Sounds like one of my pro-JG posts, and well, we all know how that turned out.

Reactions: kptvol1452
How about a new wrinkle that the defense wouldn’t expect? I remember hearing something about an option package being worked on. While Milton is not the best passer, he could be utilized. Say we somehow were in a close game with one of the big dogs, down at the 5-10 yard line going for the go ahead score. What’s wrong with putting Milton in for a special package play?
What's wrong with letting the COACHES coach?

Reactions: Alto1
I would love to see him come in and throw a loooooong pass. Then he could try a short pass or a run. Give the defense something to think about. Meanwhile taking the wind out of the secondary.
Works from my couch.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

Heupel sees something in him and he is a fantastic judge of quarterbacks. So I am still in a wait and see mode

I would like to see him be ready to step in and run the offense if Hooker gets banged up and has to come out.
When he came in last year he looked like he'd been playing video games instead of working on his game.

Why would we take out the better running QB to put in the lesser runner of the two for a wildcat package?

Who said Milton has to run it? He can make throws. Maybe it’s a fake wildcat, he fools the defense and hits a nice pass?

VN Store

Back