WNBA draft

She was good last year too. She had some high profile games where she was downright awful, but overall, last season was her best one.

When it comes to Pointer though she has been that player that's been proving it all the time. Now two different situations team wise but to her and her coaches credit Pointer has been showing what she can do for 2-3 years now.

People are really mad that Khayla Pointer got chosen over Destiny Henderson. I like Pointers game and to me they are both good but you get scoring and a good floor leader with Pointer. Henderson is good too for sure. I don't just think this pic was about Nikki being her aunt but she is that scrappy type of scrappy player becky hammon turned out to be....
Kayla Pointer was consistent day in and day out. Destiny Henderson was not. I mean, Destiny Henderson as a point guard had some of the top players in the country on her team and yet only averaged 3.9 assist's per game. With Aliya Boston on your team, I don't even know how that is possible for a point guard leading that team.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Yeah, good luck to her. Doubt she makes LA's roster with the O Sisters, Cambage, Cox, and Zahui all at training camp playing the 4/5.

Evina just got picked up by Seattle in the late 2nd round. Best of luck to her and ONO with whatever teams sign them to a training camp contract after they get cut by their drafted teams.

I was happy to see Evina get drafted last night, and even more so today when I saw a video of her reaction to the announcement. You could tell she must have been terrified her name would never get called by the level of relief her body language showed immediately after Seattle chose her. She clearly would have been devastated if it hadn't happened, so I'm glad that didn't happen.

This is NOT to say I wasn't glad LVFL Rae Burrell went before her. Don't get it twisted. lol But as I've been on record as saying for years, I don't have anything against Westbrook and wish her well just like I wish EVERYone well in this life.

Well, I guess there are a few folks I don't wish well. But none of those folks are current or former student-athletes.

I was happy to see Evina get drafted last night, and even more so today when I saw a video of her reaction to the announcement. You could tell she must have been terrified her name would never get called by the level of relief her body language showed immediately after Seattle chose her. She clearly would have been devastated if it hadn't happened, so I'm glad that didn't happen.

This is NOT to say I wasn't glad LVFL Rae Burrell went before her. Don't get it twisted. lol But as I've been on record as saying for years, I don't have anything against Westbrook and wish her well just like I wish EVERYone well in this life.

Well, I guess there are a few folks I don't wish well. But none of those folks are current or former student-athletes.

a couple of things. I'm glad you were happy for her because there probably were a lot of people on here who weren't or just didn't care. I'm never mad at a student leaving or even answering the question. Now she had a little edge to her in how she left LOL.

She probably could have gone to a school back out west and been the star and improved her draft stock. Now, she gets to prove if she got what some say is the best developmental coaching in the game or if you got what some are saying is a decline in his coaching ability. Some are saying the Uconn name got her drafted as high as she went right or wrong now she can go prove it on the court.

Regardless, it was all those young ladies dreams to be drafted last nite and i'm glad hers came true. Good for her. She had a nice outfit too. Not like Rae's though who was befitting of a first rounder #sorrynotsorry #couldnthelpmyself

Last edited:

I don't mind Evina. She was one of my favorite players when she was at Tennessee. I'm not one of those people with my fingers crossed hoping that she fails at life (unless that means UConn losing a game). My comments are less about taking joy in the fact that her WNBA career prospects are slim at best...more just telling it like it is. WNBA is a very difficult league to make the final cut, and she's going to likely be on the chopping block...along with ONO and Dye among others. Even some of the 1st round picks will probably get cut in training camp.

I don't mind Evina. She was one of my favorite players when she was at Tennessee. I'm not one of those people with my fingers crossed hoping that she fails at life (unless that means UConn losing a game). My comments are less about taking joy in the fact that her WNBA career prospects are slim at best...more just telling it like it is. WNBA is a very difficult league to make the final cut, and she's going to likely be on the chopping block...along with ONO and Dye among others. Even some of the 1st round picks will probably get cut in training camp.

No crossed fingers here. Not hoping for anything. Just watching it unfold right in front of our eyes. Her lack of success is a direct result of how she comports herself.

No crossed fingers here. Not hoping for anything. Just watching it unfold right in front of our eyes. Her lack of success is a direct result of how she comports herself.
That's one way to look at it. I think her lack of success is because ultimately she's not good enough. I'm sure physical issues played a part in it, but she seems like the kind of player that would be a better college player than WNBA material. Honestly, there have been tons of very good college players that weren't good enough for the WNBA, so she shouldn't take it personally.

So I've watched us on this board all season and prior seasons before this. The question of what makes a real fan has come up repeatedly.

My take is that you don't have to be a sunshine pumped nor do you have to be a consistent negative nelly. HOWEVER, it's really telling that some posters on here that claim to be fans have yet to congratulate Rae on overcoming a trying season AND being Kellie's second first round pick.

I am really confused by this. Even if not a Kellie fan but a fan of the program one would think you would be happy for both Rae and the LVs🤔

So I've watched us on this board all season and prior seasons before this. The question of what makes a real fan has come up repeatedly.

My take is that you don't have to be a sunshine pumped nor do you have to be a consistent negative nelly. HOWEVER, it's really telling that some posters on here that claim to be fans have yet to congratulate Rae on overcoming a trying season AND being Kellie's second first round pick.

I am really confused by this. Even if not a Kellie fan but a fan of the program one would think you would be happy for both Rae and the LVs🤔

So because someone doesn't post it that means they're not happy for Rae and not a fan? Yet another post trying to call out or define who is or isn't a fan based on your opinion or definition? I love Rae and Lady Vols basketball, but I never go out of my way to post congrats for anything or to anyone on this board and won't. My congrats is a given and doesn't need to be put in writing to satisfy you or anyone else but thanks.

So because someone doesn't post it that means they're not happy for Rae and not a fan? Yet another post trying to call out or define who is or isn't a fan based on your opinion or definition? I love Rae and Lady Vols basketball, but I never go out of my way to post congrats for anything or to anyone on this board and won't. My congrats is a given and doesn't need to be put in writing to satisfy you or anyone else but thanks.

Naw, it's not the fact that people don't post a congrats it's some of the incessant bashing of the players and coaches for this or that but when congrats is in order they are quiet. People bashed her this year and some of the critique was deserved but those same people who have called her overrated or not ready to be drafted are super quiet .... Too quiet but swear they support the players and program.

So the question is do you go out of your way to criticize them without stating anything positive? or do you bring balance to your posts because i have never paid any attention. Because if you stay neutral then that's your M.O. now isn't it?

This isn't an attack and this post wasn't about you because again i didn't even know u existed and never really registered with me. Oh and you're welcome 😃

Last edited:
Cool statistic about Burrell being the 44th Lady Volunteer to be picked in the WNBA Draft according to today's News Sentinel.

Reactions: Lucy
Naw, it's not the fact that people don't post a congrats it's some of the incessant bashing of the players and coaches for this or that but when congrats is in order they are quiet. People bashed her this year and some of the critique was deserved but those same people who have called her overrated or not ready to be drafted are super quiet .... Too quiet but swear they support the players and program.

So the question is do you go out of your way to criticize them without stating anything positive? or do you bring balance to your posts because i have never paid any attention. Because if you stay neutral then that's your M.O. now isn't it?

This isn't an attack and this post wasn't about you because again i didn't even know u existed on how and never registered with me. Oh and you're welcome 😃
And I oop!

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

I believe Evina was a number 1 ranked recruit in some of the recruiting lists services when she committed to Tennessee. So, being a late 2nd pick is not living up to those expectations. When Evina was a LV, she had recurrent knee problems; had a procedure done after she left. I wonder if those problems did not impede her development. When I saw her playing for Uconn, she seemed to playing at a similar level (and maybe a bit worse than during her days at Tennessee). Given Geno's vaunted reputation for developing players, her stagnation (and perhaps regression) is surprising but again, it may reflect physical limitations.

I wish it had worked out for her here at Tennessee. I think Evina got blamed for problems in the offensive system. She was a fav of mine during her time as a LV. She was not afraid to step and take the big shot. She was a floor leader and delivered on more than one occasion. I hope she can beat the odds and become one of those sleeper picks who manages to stick with a team.

Last edited:
A few familiar names have snuck into some WNBA training camps so far in addition to Snoop: Que Morrison, Chloe Bibby, Moon Ursin, and Raina Perez.

All four of those are interesting options for teams...especially Morrison and Ursin. I'm surprised those two in particular weren't drafted, even in the 3rd round.

Reactions: LVsinceJV and lvocd

VN Store

Back