Recruiting

Regarding Owusu, why wouldn’t she had fit in?
According to some Maryland sources I had Seen, Owusu and her family wanted her to be “catered” to by the staff and when Brenda wasn’t doing that you could see her really seem uninterested in the games . Now take that for however you want, but I highly Highly doubt Kellie and her staff will “cater” to demands from players and or families.

Powell is still one of the best if not the best PG from the portal IMO. Pinzan is a good one as well. Outside of her I haven’t seen many other true PGs in there.

Owusu is obviously very talented PG as well but I don’t think she would have been the right fit for us anyway.

Well I believe Powell was arguably the best PG to enter the portal as well, just stated at the time when she was available.
I expect her to prove to be one of the best PGs in the country this season with the talent around her.

According to some Maryland sources I had Seen, Owusu and her family wanted her to be “catered” to by the staff and when Brenda wasn’t doing that you could see her really seem uninterested in the games . Now take that for however you want, but I highly Highly doubt Kellie and her staff will “cater” to demands from players and or families.
Yikesssss! That’s crazy!

Recently major departures from Syracuse, Miss State, Auburn, Oregon, Maryland and probably several I don't recall. The reasons for leaving include blaming the players and/or blaming the coach or not winning enough although in my opinion when a number leave I submit chemistry however as one defines chemistry - both on the court and living life as a college student. I don't buy her boyfriend left.

It sure is a new world in WBB now that over 1000 transfers are clogging the portal each of the last two years. As others have suggested, it means that the commitment to the team and coach has never been as important as now, as it is the only way to have a chance to keep your team intact. Fortunately, I think even Kellie doubters would agree that the family atmosphere that she creates for her teams makes keeping her team intact a major strength of hers. While recruiting is still important, so many teams are losing almost entire great recruiting classes like Oregon and Maryland, so landing the recruits is insignificant if you can't keep the recruits. The importance of the portal in fulfilling your needs has become almost as important as recruiting high school players, and Kellie has done outstanding in this. If she gets a talented backup player for Tamari, it would be as perfect as one could hope for given who we have coming back. Even if Jackson and Powell are her only transfers, I would still give her an A in this area for this year. So, yes, it is important that she get some good recruits in the 2023 class, but it is not essential that it will be a top 5 class given all the other strengths she has with keeping her players here and adding essential transfers.

Need to clean house on the roster and scour rec leagues, playgrounds, and YMCAs for a dozen Leah Thompsons.

I don't even know what it means. :rolleyes:
Boring day in Mom's Basement apparently. Trying to stir up a troll storm over trans athletes. I believe the reference is to the trans swimmer. Don't know about everyone else, but I'll take a hard pass on that discussion.

At least he's a Volunteer Hillbilly, so no one forced him into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyOrange

One thing all these great players transfering need to understand is that it works for some of them. Austin, I do understand that she wasn't playing much but star players transfering. .. They need to ask Evina how she's feeling

Last edited:
Reactions: Hangtyme24
A good beginning would be for the poster to at least get the individual's name right.

Why is it so serious when someone make a mistake and u know exactly who the person is referring to. Doctors make mistakes all the time okk 😆 🤣

VN Store

Back