LV Softball Series Thread - Georgia

got to finish the rest of the season out strong, which we should be able to do as long as ashley and ee don’t have another weekend like this weekend.

I guess we should be glad get one win the way the weekend went. If would have probably been a sweep without White stepping up yesterday. The big concern of course is the pitching. Bump in the road or edge of a cliff? Lets hope it is a speed bump.

Reactions: Hoosier
All 6 pitchers got a chance this weekend and just couldn’t get it done. Ryleigh had a nice 3 inning stretch yesterday. Gotta regroup. We can win all 3 of our remaining series. It’s about seeding and momentum going into post-season at this point. Gotta get a 10-15 seed and avoid being 16 which draws Oklahoma in Supers. We can win a bunch of our final 15. GA is the best team we’ll face the rest of the way save VA Tech.

The Weeklys built this program from pretty much the ground up and they’ll always deserve respect for that. But they missed their golden opportunity to start a dynasty by blowing that WCWS final series in 2007. Now half the SEC has caught up to us. I don’t think Karen will get us back to OKC ever again.

All 6 pitchers got a chance this weekend and just couldn’t get it done. Ryleigh had a nice 3 inning stretch yesterday. Gotta regroup. We can win all 3 of our remaining series. It’s about seeding and momentum going into post-season at this point. Gotta get a 10-15 seed and avoid being 16 which draws Oklahoma in Supers. We can win a bunch of our final 15. GA is the best team we’ll face the rest of the way save VA Tech.
They destroyed our whole pitching staff.

I guess we should be glad get one win the way the weekend went. If would have probably been a sweep without White stepping up yesterday. The big concern of course is the pitching. Bump in the road or edge of a cliff? Lets hope it is a speed bump.
Bender still has no movement on any pitch.....hoping the pitching coach with an off season to work with her would have made a difference.

The Weeklys built this program from pretty much the ground up and they’ll always deserve respect for that. But they missed their golden opportunity to start a dynasty by blowing that WCWS final series in 2007. Now half the SEC has caught up to us. I don’t think Karen will get us back to OKC ever again.

The second game of that Championship series was one of the most unusual I have ever seen. That year was the second year, where each team entering the championship series brought a clean slate. Up until 2006, a team's won and loss record came with them to the championship series. Of course we beat Arizona in one of our three victories to get to the series. Arizona got there from the losers bracket. Clean slate. We won the first game 2-0. In 2005 the series would have been over...but its 2007.

On the morning of the second game, Coach R. Weekly woke with serious tooth pain. He spent the morning with a dentist. He took pain medication and was scheduled for a root canal the following morning. During the game he was unable to coach third base his normal position. We must have had the bases loaded five times. Each time Arizona pitcher (Mowen?) got an out.

Arizona's run in the 10th inning was very controversial. Arizona player was tagged up high before she slid. Game was played before replay. R. Weekly, (who never complained about officiating) protested vigorously. To no avail. Arizona was declared victor and they won the third game. The Weekly, Monica Abbot and Tennessee softball fans deserved better. Was not meant to be.

Wow: I was feeling good about this team not more than a week/2 weeks ago: Rodgers was back; we had, seemingly, more pitching depth than we've had in years; we had, in my mind, a better hitting team than we've had in years--though apparently the stats say otherwise But Rodgers has been getting hit, and our hitting is up, down, down, up--back down again today. And now the seaon is looking very iffy.

Honestly I gave up on getting back to OKC a few years ago when we completely choked vs. A&M at home in the Supers after run-ruling them in game 1.

Wow: I was feeling good about this team not more than a week/2 weeks ago: Rodgers was back; we had, seemingly, more pitching depth than we've had in years; we had, in my mind, a better hitting team than we've had in years--though apparently the stats say otherwise But Rodgers has been getting hit, and our hitting is up, down, down, up--back down again today. And now the seaon is looking very iffy.

We're just incredibly inconsistent. Been that way for years.

The second game of that Championship series was one of the most unusual I have ever seen. That year was the second year, where each team entering the championship series brought a clean slate. Up until 2006, a team's won and loss record came with them to the championship series. Of course we beat Arizona in one of our three victories to get to the series. Arizona got there from the losers bracket. Clean slate. We won the first game 2-0. In 2005 the series would have been over...but its 2007.

This was actually something that started when the championship series started in 2005, not 2006. And in 2005, Michigan had lost to us which forced a winner-advances semi final which Michigan won. Michigan then lost to UCLA in game one of of the CS. Then they won the last two. They wound up winning the NC with two total losses in the WCWS.

VN Store

Back