BasketVols in the NBA

Updated athletic mock draft has Chandler at #18

2022 NBA Mock Draft, Final Four edition: Jabari Smith at No. 1; Bennedict Mathurin, Jeremy Sochan among big movers

18. San Antonio Spurs (via TOR)
Kennedy Chandler | 6-0 guard | 19 years old | Tennessee

Chandler is another substantial riser up the board. By the end of the season, he was one of the best point guards in college basketball, dictating the pace of play, using his speed not just to blow by the opposition but also to change gears more effectively. He also pressured hard at the point of attack, along with fellow guard Zakai Zeigler, forcing teams into difficult situations. Chandler won the MVP of the SEC tournament, and over his final 15 games, he averaged 15 points, five rebounds and two steals while shooting better than 50 percent from the field and 46 percent from 3. I don’t totally trust the jumper, but there is enough of a chance that he can fix it given his improvement over the last portion of the season, and his defensive aggression gives him a shot despite being small.

KC is announcing on ESPN during the NBA program in the 3pm hour. You don’t go on an ESPN NBA show and announce that you’re returning to your school next season.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Keon with 18 points 7 assists and 6 boards for Trail Blazers tonite. I caught a little of it and he had some turn overs but looks like a quality nba guard in the making. I thought he would need some time in the g league to develop. His 3 point shot is a lot better

The Trail Blazers are in a race to the bottom and giving young ones all the room in the world fo make mistakes and grow.

Ended up being a great opportunity for Keon, but he better make the impression now, because Portland is looking to flip the roster in the draft.

VN Store

Back