Tennessee Lady Vol News

There are some really good guards in the portal and naturally I think she’d be hesitant in reaching out when our backcourt is filled lol maybe I’m just a bit greedy but then I look at SC and UConns roster 🥲
Said the same lol maybe a two yr player and one yr preferably the post player being a 2 yrs player n a guard that has one yr remaining but for that to happen rennie needs to hit the portal

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Which ones?
Number one Jordyn Jenkins out of Southern California, Two Rashaya Kyle out of Purdue, Three Ladazia Williams out of Missouri, and I also like Rochelle Norris although she hasn't been able to play a lot she has a lot of physical ability. Jordyn Jenkins is by far the number one she is a player that has the entire game.

You don’t have to be sold on Striplin. Her last freshman game in the Sweet 16, had 7pts / 5 rebs in a quarter as the backup post. This the kind of stuff people say when they just want to have something to criticize.

You may have misunderstood OP's point. Stripling is an excellent player and will be good next year. But at 6'2" she will be more effective at the 4. Key is conservatively 6'6". Her length is what makes her exceptional. She plays with her back to the basket and her number one assignment is rim protector. Stripling plays face up with the basket and has a nice jump shot. If Tennessee is serious about getting back to FF, then they need another 6'5" plus post who can protect the rim.

The teams we have to beat to get back to relevance, SC, Standford, UConn, Texas, LSU, etc.are not thinking a 6'2" rim protector is a golden ticket.

Can u imagine Angel Reese, Key, Horston, Jackson, Powell in one team
That would be a lineup most teams could not beat. Kellie could play Reese, Horston, and Jackson at the 2, 3 & 4 depending on matchups and it would be an opponent's defensive scouting report nightmare. There would be so many options with a lot of options coming off the bench....

You may have misunderstood OP's point. Stripling is an excellent player and will be good next year. But at 6'2" she will be more effective at the 4. Key is conservatively 6'6". Her length is what makes her exceptional. She plays with her back to the basket and her number one assignment is rim protector. Stripling plays face up with the basket and has a nice jump shot. If Tennessee is serious about getting back to FF, then they need another 6'5" plus post who can protect the rim.

The teams we have to beat to get back to relevance, SC, Standford, UConn, Texas, LSU, etc.are not thinking a 6'2" rim protector is a golden ticket.

My point stands.

Key is nowhere on the level of the top bigs in wcbb. She just isn't. She gets some blocks cuz she's tall. If I had a nickel for every easy layup she missed I'd be a rich man. Her talent is she's tall. That's it. Need A REAL big...who gives max effort. Her as the main force down low dooms you to going nowhere.

VN Store

Back