Nat’l Championship Thread

I guarantee this - if South Carolina wins this game, ESPN is going to spend a good chunk of the post game talking up UConn. They'll go on and on about how improbable and amazing UConn's run was, and talk up their determination and skill, and all that. The praise will be effusive. ESPN will not, however, say even a single word about their creamy soft four-game stint on a home court to get to the Final Four, or how they benefitted from those home games. Because it's ESPN. And, well. You know.
ESPN is UConn's best recruiter.

I guarantee this - if South Carolina wins this game, ESPN is going to spend a good chunk of the post game talking up UConn. They'll go on and on about how improbable and amazing UConn's run was, and talk up their determination and skill, and all that. The praise will be effusive. ESPN will not, however, say even a single word about their creamy soft four-game stint on a home court to get to the Final Four, or how they benefitted from those home games. Because it's ESPN. And, well. You know.
They were preseason #2. All they did was live up to expectations and (hopefully) lose to SC again...

I love seeing Geno Auriemma look so depleted. His ridicule remarks of Pat and Tennessee will always be a sour spot on his demeanor.
Remember that year, I think it was 2009, they beat someone else in the Championship Game... Tennessee wasn't even in the Final Four, and after the game he said something like, "We just put Tennessee fans on suicide watch!"

What a douche bag...

Does it hurt Geno? I hope it does.

Go recruit some more #1s -- I think you'll need a few more.

Destini Henderson taking some slack off defense, just because you’re up by 16, doesn’t mean they can’t come back. Now a 10 point lead.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back