Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Strikeouts / Plate Appearances = % (after 34 games)
-------------------------------------------------------------

West, Rylie - 9/88 = .102
Morgan, Ashley - 12/115 = .104
Milloy, Kiki - 15/135 = .111
Ayala, Amanda - 15/116 = .129
Beautae, Lair - 15/99 = .152
Leach, Kelcy - 10/58 = .172
Davis, Ivy - 20/111 = .180
Gibson, McKenna - 20/100 = .200
Puni, Zaida - 26/117 = .222
Webber, Madison - 11/40 = .275
Parsons, Kaitlin - 21/62 = .339

Last edited:
I assume Morgan's forearm issue is her throwing arm. She said in a postgame interview after game 1 that she felt good, but one couldn't help but notice
that during the entire interview she was holding the lower part of her right forearm with her left hand. So I wonder if it's still somewhat a problem, which might explain why she's only throwing very limited innings. If she were completely healthy, there's no reason why she wouldn't be throwing 4, 5, 7 innings now--or at least by next week. If she's still getting limited innings next week, my assumption is that the team is trying to manage a problem that hasn't disappeared. Great display of power today--wow.

Just out of curiosity. Since Gracie and Olivia haven’t played in 4 games yet and both have had injuries. Is the thought to “redshirt” them and give them an extra year or are they going to remain on the active roster?

Is this blue font? Like what does “deliberately forcing a 24 pitch at-bat” even mean?
it means deliberately fouling off pitches to force the pitcher to throw more pitches --- some batters can stand up there and do that all day --- I've seen it done in MLB games precisely to increase the pitch count and get the pitcher out of the game as soon as possible when you know they are on a pitch count ---- BTW what does "blue font" mean?

I’m in the rare position of agreeing with you on something, Georgia is the last SEC team with a pulse the Tennessee plays. Win two out of three in Athens and a the odds of a regular season SEC championship are pretty good.
I really wasn’t thinking much about Georgia but they beat Fouts and was ahead early today so those games will be dog fights no pun intended.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
it means deliberately fouling off pitches to force the pitcher to throw more pitches --- some batters can stand up there and do that all day --- I've seen it done in MLB games precisely to increase the pitch count and get the pitcher out of the game as soon as possible when you know they are on a pitch count ---- BTW what does "blue font" mean?
So you think the batter, being the tying run, was more worried about fouling off pitches to increase the pitch count than actually getting a hit and potentially tie up the game? I guess they can work hand in hand but it really feels like you’re stretching too much on that one.

I’m in the rare position of agreeing with you on something, Georgia is the last SEC team with a pulse the Tennessee plays. Win two out of three in Athens and a the odds of a regular season SEC championship are pretty good.
Don't overlook us playing Auburn. They are 7-5 in the SEC and 29-6 overall. They won't be easy at all.

Short version: boyfriend left town, and she got real tired of being asked about her sister every time she accomplished something.
But also the dynamic of the difference in two kids from the same family in regards to work ethic. Didn't play well with the staff that Madison constantly worked and Allie went through the motions. Is it fair to have the same expectations, no. But also not too much to ask to tap into the God given ability. But goes back to what DeerPark said about the boyfriend, once he left she was alone on campus with a team she never bonded with.

Just out of curiosity. Since Gracie and Olivia haven’t played in 4 games yet and both have had injuries. Is the thought to “redshirt” them and give them an extra year or are they going to remain on the active roster?
I could see both getting a RS but I could also see a tough conversation with Underwood about maybe looking elsewhere to get more playing time. With West back and Destiny Rodriguez coming in she might have to wait and see how it shakes out in the fall. Destiny is small but carries a big bat so it'll be interesting to see where she is plugged in.

latest
Couldn't figure out where the nickname Boo came from for Gibson then it dawned on me.

I could see both getting a RS but I could also see a tough conversation with Underwood about maybe looking elsewhere to get more playing time. With West back and Destiny Rodriguez coming in she might have to wait and see how it shakes out in the fall. Destiny is small but carries a big bat so it'll be interesting to see where she is plugged in.
If the video on her is true she is a hitter.

If the video on her is true she is a hitter.
She can hit for sure. Just not sure she sees the infield and we have a large class coming in and outside of Pickens and Pannell, I don't see early playing time. Mesusan will provide speed and OF help, just not sure she is day 1 ready but would not be surprised if she's in the outfield rotation early either. We have more players signed to come in then we have leaving for graduation or announced transfer.

She can hit for sure. Just not sure she sees the infield and we have a large class coming in and outside of Pickens and Pannell, I don't see early playing time. Mesusan will provide speed and OF help, just not sure she is day 1 ready but would not be surprised if she's in the outfield rotation early either. We have more players signed to come in then we have leaving for graduation or announced transfer.
Next year will be interesting. I think we have 10 coming in and 7? leaving (Edmoundson, Leach, Davis, Bender, Ayala, Morgan, and Fox).Net result of +3 if nothing changes. Some tough decisions.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12

VN Store

Back