Butthurt Bama Fan on UT Recruiting

This just made my day.

It oozes with irony and how butthurt this Bama fan is about UT landing our 5 star.

I hope he’s right and we are “#1 in buying (paying) players”. What a beautiful day. GBO

Alabama Football: Tennessee Vols now No. 1 - in buying players

I said back when NIL was passed, legalized, whatever.........that it would be the downfall of Bama football. Now that it's legal to pay players, Bama's rich history of cheating is no longer an advantage. The Crimson Turds have been cheating at recruiting (more so than what other schools did/do/does) going back to the sixties. It's part of their DNA.........

Last edited:
NIL is the best way to drive corruption out of College Athletics. Paying players under the table was considered the norm. Was every player getting a cut from every program?
I don't think everybody was getting a "cut". Sure, there were Cam Newton deals, but I think for the most part it was everybody just knowing who to go see if they needed a little cash.

I will preface this by saying I don't like NIL. I don't think it is going to change the game for the better. I believe what it started and the things to follow will ruin the game. All of that said... it is the new world.

I can only hope against hope that Bama follows his advice and does nothing relative to NIL. I'm not foolish enough to actually believe that's true. They did give Young a pretty healthy payday if I remember correctly...

However, he may well be right that UT and some really pretty intelligent business investors got a jump on everyone else. Spyre and the way UT is handling NIL has set the direction if not provided the model for NIL in recruiting. A&M may be doing some of the same. All the handwringing about UT being behind just seems silly at this point. But no competitive advantage in business lasts forever. UT needs to hit hard to get momentum going and change the landscape.

Strike First.jpg

Bama doesn't like it now that the playing field has been leveled out a little. A&M out recruiting them and now they got beat out of their Arch Manning backup option. Cry me a river of salty tears boys. Where is Cartman to lick them up.

I will preface this by saying I don't like NIL. I don't think it is going to change the game for the better. I believe what it started and the things to follow will ruin the game. All of that said... it is the new world.

I can only hope against hope that Bama follows his advice and does nothing relative to NIL. I'm not foolish enough to actually believe that's true. They did give Young a pretty healthy payday if I remember correctly...

However, he may well be right that UT and some really pretty intelligent business investors got a jump on everyone else. Spyre and the way UT is handling NIL has set the direction if not provided the model for NIL in recruiting. A&M may be doing some of the same. All the handwringing about UT being behind just seems silly at this point. But no competitive advantage in business lasts forever. UT needs to hit hard to get momentum going and change the landscape.
Just win baby. Momentum will take care of itself.

Before NIL it was about how to not get caught paying players. Pruitt didn’t grasp the concept of “under the table”.
IMO, he was just surprised that you couldn't be as brazen about it at UT as they were at Bama.

None of this is new and you don't rise as fast as Saban did from the mess Bama was without a boost. Paying players and depending on people not to raise a stink has been the way forever. In the late 70's after NC State had a good run in basketball, they signed a player named Hawkeye Whitney out of Dematha HS. He would late be a first round pick in the NBA.

Whitney didn't have a car. But his "girlfriend" just so happened to have two Corvettes... and he got to drive one. Boosters leaving "gifts" in book bags was incredibly easy.

You could get away with almost anything as long as no one talked. No one talks at Bama.

IMO, he was just surprised that you couldn't be as brazen about it at UT as they were at Bama.

None of this is new and you don't rise as fast as Saban did from the mess Bama was without a boost. Paying players and depending on people not to raise a stink has been the way forever. In the late 70's after NC State had a good run in basketball, they signed a player named Hawkeye Whitney out of Dematha HS. He would late be a first round pick in the NBA.

Whitney didn't have a car. But his "girlfriend" just so happened to have two Corvettes... and he got to drive one. Boosters leaving "gifts" in book bags was incredibly easy.

You could get away with almost anything as long as no one talked. No one talks at Bama.
Bama has a infrastructure like no other in college football... That network stretches out like a spiderweb all over the state.

There has to be standards set for NIL, what recourse do schools have if they sign a player, he gets paid a ton of money and then he transfers to another school for a bigger paycheck?
Lots of discussion about that.

Here's how I would structure an NIL deal to a particular athlete. His deliverables would include having a name, image, and/or likeness value without a particular market (geographic region). You would probably have to offer some kind of minimum "retainer" that prevented the athlete from signing with another group for some specified period and terms. So what you would see is maybe a $300K annual payment (like he's apparently getting now) with opportunities to represent the client companies working with Spyre IF your NIL value warrants it. Pretty obviously if he doesn't play for UT and doesn't perform well then the variable pay won't be there.

I don't think that Spyre is handing out money and saying "we hope you consider playing at UT". I think they have provided themselves with some contractual protection that goes well beyond that.

I don't think everybody was getting a "cut". Sure, there were Cam Newton deals, but I think for the most part it was everybody just knowing who to go see if they needed a little cash.
From an integrity aspect NIL is an improvement. Now if they can just figure out how to stop fake injuries.

Only being able to sub for the injured player while the other team can sub all they want seems like a good way to maybe slow it down.

I think they are going to lose out on him too, pretty sure it's gonna be Texas or UGA for Arch. You hate to see it.
I have a feeling the Manning family is not happy with the Bama arrogance that they (like us) have endured since Archie played. If young Arch has options, I think poppa Arch will steer him another direction. Couple of hints as to why. Archie steered Eli away from his number one pick and he landed with the Giants instead. Was it San Diego? I can't remember, but I know there was some heated discussions and deals being made in the back rooms, and many were unhappy about the meddling by the Dad. Arch didn't want his son to have the same NFL experience (good player on crappy team) that he had, and lo and behold, Eli ended up with 2 Super Bowl rings. I honestly think the Manning family would put him at Ole Miss rather than Bama. (I know I would)

Also, some of these young high school kids have never been around "Big Money". The Mannings have, and they have the luxury of that actually not being a big issue. Arch won't play for free, but he doesn't necessarily have to go to the highest bidder either.

Last edited:
From an integrity aspect NIL is an improvement. Now if they can just figure out how to stop fake injuries.

Only being able to sub for the injured player while the other team can sub all they want seems like a good way to maybe slow it down.

I have a solution to the fake injury situation. If implemented, it'll tick everyone off, but it will make a point. Let's just say Heupel is sick of his offense getting slowed down. He shows up in Tuscaloosa, or Gainesville or where ever, and has a fake injury ON EVERY PLAY FOR THE WHOLE GAME. If you could leave the stadium and get back in, people would have time enough to go the the grocery store and buy mustard bottles and come back and throw them. Can you imagine how ugly that would get?

The writer of that article is a special kind of stupid. Somehow he managed to roll up unequalled hypocrisy, childishness and false outrage all into one peerlessly insipid bit of tripe.

Waaaa waaaa waaaa waaaa waaaa....

VN Store

Back