Butthurt Bama Fan on UT Recruiting

Has anyone told them they can legally do that now?
That's the funny part about this. Anybody with a clue knows what has been happening in recruiting for 40 years. It's comical that it's now an issue for some people AFTER a legal avenue has opened up for everybody to do the same thing.

Nick Saban and Alabama should continue to advise players on taking advantage of NIL deals. The players deserve what they can earn. But the Crimson Tide should not buy recruits, even though it is now legal. Leave that to other programs to do, even if they won’t admit they are doing it.

UT did exactly the same as bama with Bryce Young. BY was making seven figures before starting a game according to Saban himself. The university had no official ties to paying either.

If Bama fans think that the Tide have not bought and paid for players then they are really the most disillusioned fanbase in the country. That Athletic article did not name a QB in it, it could be Arch Manning, Malachi Nelson, Dante Moore or any number of others. NIL was definitely part of the deal for Nico, but the media and rival schools speculate that he is making $8 million, he could be, but he is a minor and that information is not going to be released until the appropriate date. Bama needs to focus on their own debauchery since they are quote "the standard of college football" and not worry about what is happening at TN.

I will preface this by saying I don't like NIL. I don't think it is going to change the game for the better. I believe what it started and the things to follow will ruin the game. All of that said... it is the new world.

I can only hope against hope that Bama follows his advice and does nothing relative to NIL. I'm not foolish enough to actually believe that's true. They did give Young a pretty healthy payday if I remember correctly...

However, he may well be right that UT and some really pretty intelligent business investors got a jump on everyone else. Spyre and the way UT is handling NIL has set the direction if not provided the model for NIL in recruiting. A&M may be doing some of the same. All the handwringing about UT being behind just seems silly at this point. But no competitive advantage in business lasts forever. UT needs to hit hard to get momentum going and change the landscape.

But no competitive advantage in business lasts forever. UT needs to hit hard to get momentum going and change the landscape.
Right there is the main point. You can only beat people to the punch for so long until they evolve. We can lament change all we want, but crying about it isn't a strategy. The main problem people have with NIL is it's in your face and offends sensibilities. It was easy for some to ignore the under the table stuff that went on for decades and pretend college athletics were pure. Now, it's impossible to do that.

Right there is the main point. You can only beat people to the punch for so long until they evolve. We can lament change all we want, but crying about it isn't a strategy. The main problem people have with NIL is it's in your face and offends sensibilities. It was easy for some to ignore the under the table stuff that went on for decades and pretend college athletics were pure. Now, it's impossible to do that.
NIL is the best way to drive corruption out of College Athletics. Paying players under the table was considered the norm. Was every player getting a cut from every program?

VN Store

Back