Sweet sixteen a success for this team?

For sure no one is against having the gravy on the 'taters. No doubt the gravy would be a huge recruiting boost.

But to the original question, a S16 would be successful season and IMO would put the cap on an already visible boost to recruiting. Getting Powell so quickly and just being in final consideration for Jackson shows that.

I also had hoped, before the season started, that the team could make a one-step improvement by reaching the S16 this year. So yes, I'd be happy with that. I suppose "contented" would be the better word for how I'd feel. "Happy" would come if we surpassed my original goal. "Happy" is E8. "Ecstatic" is FF. "Euphoric" for a Final. "Rapturous" for a natty. :p

I also had hoped, before the season started, that the team could make a one-step improvement by reaching the S16 this year. So yes, I'd be happy with that. I suppose "contented" would be the better word for how I'd feel. "Happy" would come if we surpassed my original goal. "Happy" is E8. "Ecstatic" is FF. "Euphoric" for a Final. "Rapturous" for a natty. :p

all great adjectives which made me feel more and more exuberant with each step toward the ultimate goal🔥🔥🔥

Final Four, I'm in a happiness coma, Natty I'm dead.

I have us in the Finals,,S16 minimal,,,beat Louisville for the E8 and we have done well,,,further and they will be doing what I thought they should do

Did you really truly expect this team to reach the Final? Or was it "hope" they reach the Final? With all the excellent teams in the field, and with our team missing critical players, it really feels unfair to expect a Finals appearance if that means you view anything less than that as failure. Surely you don't.

Did you really truly expect this team to reach the Final? Or was it "hope" they reach the Final? With all the excellent teams in the field, and with our team missing critical players, it really feels unfair to expect a Finals appearance if that means you view anything less than that as failure. Surely you don't.

after the 16,,picked with heart not head
S16 minimum
we have to potentially beat Louisville/Baylor/Michigan to be in the F4,,,doable with a similar early season run,,,,but right now I consider this to be a S16 team

We are 325th...ish in turnovers! Sweet 16 is a huge dream for this teams ceiling. We can't handle full court pressure, or defend the 3 period. I hope for sweet 16, it will be a while before we have any 4 yr recruits that can get us there. Transfers come because of our glaring needs, and automatic playing time. Staff has to be able to coach at that level, and recruit at it as well. Sweet 16 would be great for this team that plays at their weakest opponent's level. Just look at our record over the last 10 to 12 games. It's pathetic. We limped into this tournament.

With all the injuries,would Lady Vol nation be happy? Sweet sixteen ceiling?

Absolutely. Like a few other posters, that’s been my take all season. A competitive S16 finish. It would be great experience for our freshmen as well. Would love to see us give ourselves a chance by at least getting there and seeing what happens.

FYI glv98: If this year’s team wins the natty, I’ll be reaching out to the Vatican first thing Monday morning to request the canonization process be started for the entire team to eventually be named as saints. The evidence that they had performed a miracle would still be fresh, so I’m pretty sure there would be no question they deserve it. 😀

At the start of the season, before the injuries to Rae and Keyen, I think there were legit Final 4 contenders. Of course, that is not how the season evolved. Regardless of that, making it back to the Sweet 16 (under any conditions) would be a nice step forward for the program.

I know that the boarders who have responded generally say 16 is Happy. I guarantee that the coach and the players have higher desires. Perhaps they are playing for reasons other than making a minority of boarders "happy"

We obviously hope the team has the desire to go all the way! Of course they should always want that. I just think most of us supporters, though, are just trying to avoid adding anymore weight to the shoulders of anyone by having unrealistic expectations. They’re headed in the right direction, for sure. But for where we are now after all the setbacks we’ve suffered this year, we definitely should be able to look back on a S16 as a success.

Next season? If everyone is healthy, anything less than E8 would be disappointing to me.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back