The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

SATURDAY'S MATCHUP
• The Vols recruited recent UM signee Jett Howard, who is the son of Michigan head coach Juwan Howard.
UT also recruited UM freshman wing Caleb Houstan.

Michigan basketball: Jett Howard adds to matchup vs. Tennessee

“I think a lot of people weren't recruiting Jett at the time, assuming that he would be with his dad, which he ended up being,” Barnes said. “But it so happened when we got involved it kept developing more. Got to know his family extremely well and Juwan was great with us. He didn't make the visit when they came down, but getting to know his family, just a wonderful family. Absolutely beautiful family.
“But in the end we knew it would be very difficult. But we thought it was worth trying to make it happen. We certainly don't regret the effort that we put into it.”

If they zone a lot then the middle of the floor is usually open. Luckily we have Fulkerson who is a really good zone breaker having options with the ball at the FT line
Yes. They’ll play us a little like KY game 1. If Fulky/BHH can draw Dickinson to cover them at elbow, we’ll drive and get fouled. If not, hopefully we’ll learn to hit twos.

These clowns all picked Michigan lol. Said we have no answer for Dickinson, Michigan is great defensively on the wing, and that we have no post offense in a physical game. Also said Juwan Howard has never lost as a player or coach before the Elite 8. I don’t think they said one good thing about Tennessee.

Man, this team gets honestly no respect from pundits. I hope we keep on wearing that chip on our shoulder.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
These clowns all picked Michigan lol. Said we have no answer for Dickinson, Michigan is great defensively on the wing, and that we have no post offense in a physical game. Also said Juwan Howard has never lost as a player or coach before the Elite 8. I don’t think they said one good thing about Tennessee.

Man, this team gets honestly no respect from pundits. I hope we keep on wearing that chip on our shoulder.

They must not have watched the Colorado State guards shoot 3's all game long. I think they have some of the laziest perimeter defense in college hoops.

It’s been yrs since I’ve been nervous over a game. I guess it’s because our Vols have a strong chance to be a final four team, and beyond.

Michigan concerns me as they have talent, hence a preseason top 5 ranking. I am selfish in wanting the Vols to win it all, but for entire Volnation, and more importantly Coach Barnes and the players. Barnes is genuinely a great guy who looked into the mirror and made life changing decisions years ago.

I appreciate Volnation and enjoy posting and reading your comments! Thanks to all!

Go Vols!

How can you even take these 🤡 serious? They're not even pundits...just 3 dudes with internet

never fergit 2011 and 2014
That 2011 Michigan loss has to go down as one of the most depressing days in Tennessee basketball history.
Especially the second half.
We were only down by 4 points, and then got out scored 42-16 in the last 20 minutes.
Plus it was the Death of the Bruce Pearl era @ Tennessee and the future was so uncertain. And it was a huge contrast from the year before when we had made the Elite 8.

That 2011 Michigan loss has to go down as one of the most depressing days in Tennessee basketball history.
Especially the second half.
We were only down by 4 points, and then got out scored 42-16 in the last 20 minutes.
Plus it was the Death of the Bruce Pearl era @ Tennessee and the future was so uncertain. And it was a huge contrast from the year before when we had made the Elite 8.
Yep, I remember internally thinking that was the end of Bruce with everything else going around.

Reactions: MAD

Who are these clowns? Never heard of ‘em

Who are these schmucks?

Michigan so good on the wings that Colo State was getting open looks for most of the previous game but went ice cold.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Never heard of these clowns. Might as well be Uncle Lou making predictions.

VN Store

Back