BTO’s SECT Kentucky Postgame Report

I’m in the dog house with the wife…she normally goes somewhere when I watch games and I usually watch football and follow the bb on my iPad. But today I watched the game and I was good all the way up to the offensive foul call and then I lost It…old habits just don’t die. The Kentucky guy fouled him 3 times before he every cleared out with his elbows…
My fiancé was sitting next to me while I was watching and she kept talking to me about random crap while Im fuming about the calls and refs. Im incredibly lucky not to be in the doghouse myself.

I’m in the dog house with the wife…she normally goes somewhere when I watch games and I usually watch football and follow the bb on my iPad. But today I watched the game and I was good all the way up to the offensive foul call and then I lost It…old habits just don’t die. The Kentucky guy fouled him 3 times before he every cleared out with his elbows…
I flipped my poop when they called a fouls of SV. They completely mugged him up until the guy flopped, but it looked like they were going for the intentional foul and the refs refused to call it. Instead the refs decided it should be an offensive foul. We won and I’m still pissed about that call

I was 14 the last time UT won in 1979.

Since Texas A&M likes to play a small lineup, does Tennessee mostly go with a four guard lineup tomorrow to match up?

From a couple years away from having a driver’s license to almost old enough to draw social security.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall while the TN staff prepares a game plan tonight. So many options are available after playing so many different players in critical situations all year. I’d guess rather than big or small, they lean toward experience plus ZZ, KC, and BHH.

My fiancé was sitting next to me while I was watching and she kept talking to me about random crap while Im fuming about the calls and refs. Im incredibly lucky not to be in the doghouse myself.

yea my wife wanted me to look at a cute dog picture on FB during the last 3 minutes of the game and then thought I was rude…😂😂😂

Lol my wife kept talking to me and I somehow played it off as if I was listening. Well until I blew up about the SV offensive foul.

I flipped my poop when they called a fouls of SV. They completely mugged him up until the guy flopped, but it looked like they were going for the intentional foul and the refs refused to call it. Instead the refs decided it should be an offensive foul. We won and I’m still pissed about that call

Yea, it wasn’t anything abnormal - the Kentucky guy went for the ball but clearly fouled him - no whistle - and then come up with the bogus offensive foul.

Definitely need to get the ball in Zeigler's hands when teams press. Chandler just needs to run with it more instead of switching hands and giving a guy a opportunity to strip him.

1. This one’s gonna be a little different folks, at this point of the year the deep dive into stats just doesn’t really bring the same meaning. We are who we are at this point it’s March…and who we *****ng are is a team that is playing some damn good ball. We just led wire to wire, at some points by double digits, against a team that everyone in the nation is drooling over as a final four team.

2. I got an idea…let’s bust down every MF’er door and put the CBB world on notice? How’s that sound? Let’s win our first SECT championship in 40+ years, and then let’s make our first Final Four in program history…that sound alright to y’all?

3. Here’s my complaint/negative…we gotta find a way to be better to end games, I don’t like our press break, Chandler at the line is shaky, we turn it over too much late…we get ourselves big leads and are beating teams and then damn near give it away, it hasn’t happened yet but damn I hope it doesn’t cost us at the wrong time. Rather than putting 3-4 guys wishing 15’, space it out and let Zeigler use his quickness and Vescovi his savvyness.

4. I know I’m celebrating, and that ain’t gonna stop, but I hope our guys are locked in…A&M is playing great ball and has plenty to play for, but if we come to play we win this game and win the first SECT Championship of my lifetime, it is there, I want it, I’m ready, LFG!!!!

GBO!!!
Amen on #3.

Was hoping we’d rethink our press break before tourney but obviously we haven’t.

That being said, couldn’t be more proud of this team and it’s effort after being left for dead by many after the beat down at Rupp.

KC shooting 80% from FT and he’s averaging 15+ a game and without question a top 15 first round pick.

Also the lack of good officiating at the end gave the impression we couldn’t break the press, at least in this game. It has popped up though and a valid worry.

I think we have a good team to make a run, especially without facing bias SEC officiating. A guy like Santi could drop 30+ on any team we face especially if they let him get clean looks. Something SEC teams always try to prevent.

I'm as big a Chandler fan as anybody. There is no doubt in my mind we are much better with him than without him. However I've watched 90 percent of the games this year and if he's shooting 80 percent from the free throw line, the 10 percent of the games
I've missed , he must have gone 80 for 81 from the line.

I'm as big a Chandler fan as anybody. There is no doubt in my mind we are much better with him than without him. However I've watched 90 percent of the games this year and if he's shooting 80 percent from the free throw line, the 10 percent of the games

No way he is - announcers were even saying UK should foul him because he's so poor at the line.

I’m still hype, my heart is still going fast

With #3 it’s tough, cause I trust Kennedy to get it up the court more than anybody, but the shakey free throw shooting negates that. It’s a pickle, I agree crowding the inbounds line isn’t working though
Actually in the past two days he has hit 4 of 5 from the line; seems to have some confidence back.

I think he was saying IF KC had shot 80%

Reactions: DuckInAPen
KC shooting 80% from FT and he’s averaging 15+ a game and without question a top 15 first round pick.

Also the lack of good officiating at the end gave the impression we couldn’t break the press, at least in this game. It has popped up though and a valid worry.

I think we have a good team to make a run, especially without facing bias SEC officiating. A guy like Santi could drop 30+ on any team we face especially if they let him get clean looks. Something SEC teams always try to prevent.
Texas sure didn't let him get clean looks.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think that an under the radar plus is that KC is starting to climb out of his free throw shooting funk. He hit something like 50 straight in high school and around 90%. Even though he missed one late, he looked much better. ZZ is now missing more in the critical, late situations.

GBO! KC just keeps getting better and better.

I know they still make their mistakes but BHH and Uros played really hard today and brought something to the table.

A lot of people are hating on Uros, and he certainly has plenty of opportunities for improvement. But I love that guy’s fight and passion. He rips balls out of the air and never backs down from a physical matchup down low. Uros is disruptive. He deserves every minute he gets.

VN Store

Back