War in Ukraine

Russian Ruble getting pounded again today.

The nest eggs of Russian families and oligarchs simply evaporate another 26% in one day.

Looks like US will ban Russian oil imports, while EU moving in that direction.

If it continues, at some point, their economy simply implodes. I'm thinking if/when Ruble falls between 150 to 200, Putin is ousted / falls out a window / "goes to the train station".

Today

View attachment 437650
Big Picture

View attachment 437651
The Ruble traded for more than 1,000 to the dollar in the early/mid 90s. They price control a lot of things for their citizens in order to soften the blow of runaway inflation, think gas and food staples, plus they have universal healthcare coverage. I wouldn't want to trade places with a Russian but their economy is designed for them to survive without participating in the global economy. I think that what we should be more worried about is the conversion of the petrodollar to a petroyuan, which our current self-inflicted inflation is only hastening.

Reactions: AM64
No.

If those same thugs that are beating on the old lady show you a live feed of other 5 men with assault rifles aimed at your family, and tells you if you even look at us beat on this old lady you'll watch your family die.

What do you do then?
I keep walking. And then immediately make plans to take those guys out.

It's now treason for Americans to object to their countrymen being drafted to fight and die for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine?
I was referring to what happened during Vietnam. The people who refused their draft notice had two choices, renounce flee to another country or go to prison. The one's who stayed and faced the music were eventually pardoned by Jimmy Carter. The ones who fled were still subject to arrest upon reentry last time I read anything about it.

Hey, anyone else remember this? Don't care if it's posted, it's worth mentioning again...

Flashback: Senator Obama pushed bill that helped destroy more than 15,000 TONS of ammunition, 400,000 small arms and 1,000 anti-aircraft missiles in Ukraine | Daily Mail Online

As a U.S. senator, Barack Obama won $48 million in federal funding to help Ukraine destroy thousands of tons of guns and ammunition – weapons which are now unavailable to the Ukrainian army as it faces down Russian President Vladimir Putin during his invasion of Crimea.

In August 2005, just seven months after his swearing-in, Obama traveled to Donetsk in Eastern Ukraine with then-Indiana Republican Senator Dick Lugar, touring a conventional weapons site.

The two met in Kiev with President Victor Yushchenko, making the case that an existing Cooperative Threat Reduction Program covering the destruction of nuclear weapons should be expanded to include artillery, small arms, anti-aircraft weapons, and conventional ammunition of all kinds.

After a stopover in London, the senators returned to Washington and declared that the U.S. should devote funds to speed up the destruction of more than 400,000 small arms, 1,000 anti-aircraft missiles, and more than 15,000 tons of ammunition.

And here we are today:

Ukraine military turns volunteers away as 140K Ukrainians come home to fight Russia

Even while 1.5 million Ukrainians have fled the country amid the Russian invasion in the past two weeks, more than 100,000 Ukrainians and others have flocked to Ukraine in order to fight Russian President Vladimir Putin's forces, according to Ukraine Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov. Ukrainians on the ground tell Fox News Digital that volunteers have been turned away from the army because it lacks weapons.

"More than 140,000 Ukrainians, mostly men, have returned from Europe," Reznikov wrote in a Facebook post Monday. "Tens of thousands joined the Territorial Defense Forces. Of course, there are those who run away. But the whole world sees the Ukrainian people fighting for their country."

Mark Savchuk, Kyiv-based coordinator of the Ukraine Volunteer Journalists Initiative (UVJI), told Fox News Digital that he and a friend attempted to join the military, but they both were turned away.

"I can't join, because I was specifically told ‘no room,’" Savchuk said. "We are yelling for more weapons because we can't put more people on the front line. Please give us more weapons, so that all of us can fight."

Bet they love Lugar, Nunn and Obama now...

I think we’re doing all we should be doing. Anything else greatly elevates the risk of a nuclear tragedy. Not sure we’re out of the woods as far as Putin lobbing one at his neighbors, but if we get involved, it could easily be multiple icbms flying all over the place.
Can they be shot out of the sky?

The Ruble traded for more than 1,000 to the dollar in the early/mid 90s. They price control a lot of things for their citizens in order to soften the blow of runaway inflation, think gas and food staples, plus they have universal healthcare coverage. I wouldn't want to trade places with a Russian but their economy is designed for them to survive without participating in the global economy. I think that what we should be more worried about is the conversion of the petrodollar to a petroyuan, which our current self-inflicted inflation is only hastening.

Good points. But, Russia without a huge chunk of its oil revenues is a country that will 100% default on its debt. And the Ruble crash coupled with their doubling the prime rate to 20% will absolutely result in massive inflation. Add to this Russia being cut off from around 60% of its fed reserves and all the oligarchs having their funds frozen.

Combined this is the perfect storm to crash their economy.

John McCain once said "Russia is a gas station posing as a superpower". We shall see. If they collapse, he was spot on.

Last edited:
And Russia attacks when Biden is told what to do from Obama .

When Ukrainian foot soldiers can hit parked helicopters with NLAWs and Javelins from over a mile away, pretty tough for Russians to defend even small band counterattacks.

Beautiful thing.

Ukrainian troops destroyed more than three dozen enemy helicopters in Kherson region last night.

The Marine Command reported this on Facebook, Ukrinform reports.

"At night, Ukrainian soldiers shelled the Chornobaivka airfield near Kherson. The occupiers decided to partially deploy their fleet there. Thirty enemy helicopters were destroyed, as well as manpower and equipment," the statement said.

Over the past day, on approaches to Mykolaiv, three enemy convoys were destroyed, the Ukrainian defenders seized trophies, a large number of ammunition, wheeled equipment, and seven D-20 howitzers.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
Why is this? Because he wasn’t in lockstep with the republicans? That doesn’t make him a disgrace to this country, it just gets him banned from the cult. ^^^ Case in point

Too many people mistake their political party for “our country.” John McCain gave more for this COUNTRY than most families give in 3 or 4 generations.
John McCain was one of the corrupt politicians in the last 30 years. It has nothing to do with his not like trump

He was arguing that doctors shouldn’t have final say on any treatment in hospitals and that families and patients should be allowed to try any method they want ever no matter what doctors or hospital admin says. Even if it was self medication of narcotics. Then followed it up with that doctors, nurses and hospital administrators should be executed for not allowing any meds a patient wants to try
I was reading this post of yours expecting you to distort and mischaracterize what my position was. I was mistaken (for the most part). You actually summed it up.

Bruh, I don't think you want to go down the "Obama is secretly controlling Biden" rabbit hole.

Even Obama wasn't stupid enough to do what Biden has been doing.

It’s not stupid, it’s a brilliant plan that began over a decade ago.

It’s not stupid, it’s a brilliant plan that began over a decade ago.

I'm pretty sure Obama hates Biden.

How many other former Presidents (other than Republicans for Trump) have waited until the week prior to campaign for their party's nominee?

A lesson from Iraq...

Certainly a lesson in hyperbole. The actual number of civilian dead in Iraq is perhaps 1/5 - 1/4 that number and most killed by anti-government forces. The number of U.S. coalition killed is even smaller. The statement itself is meant to inflame and imply good Iraqi citizens were being whacked by U.S./coalition troops, not bad guys, and glosses over force on force deaths.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and tvolsfan

VN Store

Back