Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Ah, got it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I will say this in the spirit of being more on topic. I do think coaching can make a difference (as does everyone) but yes, all things being equal, higher caliber players will make for more success. The one caveat is that the ranking services are not always the best guide. Or stated conversely, the strategy for success is also not just winning top 5 recruits but identifying players who, for various reasons, have not gotten recognition or are undervalued by the ranking services. I do think that is what Kellie is aiming for in terms of building a team that is cohesive and can win through effort and commitment. She is betting that someone like Miles can from being a 3 star recruit to an all SEC player or better by her junior or senior year. Time will tell if that approach can pay off.

The ranking did use to have a high error rate, especially in the 90's and I think it's more prevalent in football were there are so many players to be evaluated. But now that women's BB is much more commercially viable with the result that they have developed much of the infrastructure the men have had for over 20 years now (summer leagues, Nike camps, etc) it gives a significant amount of exposure to the top players with the result that they have been more comprehensively evaluated against top competition. That means there just aren't many misses on the talent.

On the developing 3 stars issue: It's a great story when it happens but really how often does that happen versus the 3 star getting abused by the 5 star AA on national tv. In the late 90's thru the early 2000's when Pat was dominating women's basketball she was doing it with immensely talented teams. Those were not 3 stars, there might have been a couple on the bench but most of those teams were loaded.

Oklahoma fading fast didn't I hear a bunch on here talking about their coach should've been the Tennessee hire instead of Kellie. Looks like they are having the same road woes as Tennessee probably not so popular as before.

Don’t get all giddy on something that was never said nor inferred. I never said Baranczyk should have been the coach at TN. The question was if Kelli would have been hired had she not had ties to the program. I only pointed out that in head to head, in same conference, Baranczyk bested Kelli but never got a glance from Fulmer. Paranoid much?

Reactions: mcannon1
Don’t get all giddy on something that was never said nor inferred. I never said Baranczyk should have been the coach at TN. The question was if Kelli would have been hired had she not had ties to the program. I only pointed out that in head to head, in same conference, Baranczyk bested Kelli but never got a glance from Fulmer. Paranoid much?
You one game people are laughable. Someone always wins every game that is played. That was the usual ignorant reason for someone to point out.

Yes and I am sure you are one. The fact that they lost a key player and Burrell is about 75 percent would be something people that despise Tennessee would do. That is fine though no one listening to any of you going to be in for a long ride wishing Kellie Harper is not coaching Tennessee so comeback in about five years.

🤣 She’ll be gone before 5 years.

Definitely will give you time to make some more post about replacements going to turn into a full time thing for you and the other dweebs that do it here.

I know this is about Non Lady Vol Basketball news, but you sound like Ralph Weekly. Is this you, Ralph? 😄 DAF

I know this is about Non Lady Vol Basketball news, but you sound like Ralph Weekly. Is this you, Ralph? 😄 DAF
You the one that started this on non lady Vol news you still wanting that job back aren't you Holly not going to happen. Keep posting about one and two game winners are great coaches. :eek:

So Holly, was always a top one to three recruiter, Dean taught Glory to stay in a game, and Mercedes. Kellie's staff can't keep Key in game. Kellie can't recruit point guards, or coach one up, that can bring the ball up court. I'm sorry but no, they suck, Miles has promise, but Horston, a Holly recruit, is only one who can. She's a point guard Hall of famer, and she has nobody but, what Holly left her who can actually bring the ball up, Horston. I love Kelly.Kelly, I think she's a good coach. I think she needs to fire herw entire staff!
One they can't recruit! We are Auburn after what Holly left us, and the second they just can't coach.
But, what the hell was this game tonight? Frankly, no Holly team looked this bad, at this point, ever, granted she was arguably one of the top two best recruiters in the country, but seriously what the heck was what we saw on the court today? I don't think we even deserve to host sweet 16 games! I don't think we're going to win our first game in the SSC tournament with what I saw tonight. Ray Burrell is a great player, but she need to be rained in as I've always said, she plays a different tempo from the rest of the team, and that's not on Holly, she brought in a great talent ( including Horston to Key to Burrell, Hayes, Green, and Westbrook). Not on Ray, she's brilliant. And we cannot ask Jordan Horton, to bring the ball up everytime, and do something. And what has Kelly recruited... A bunch of guards, she hasn't coached up, and she was an all American Guard, that can't bring the ball up yet... This is a guard that used to face against Latte from North Carolina, but she can't teach a guard to bring the ball up court? I don't know where we're going with this team, we could be going up... we could go down. This is the lowest point in her coaching career, she appears list, her staff inadequate. I point this out, because, this team is way better than what doing, then their going to be ranked. I doubt we win two games in the SEC tournament. If we beat UConn, and , seriously, there's no reason we shouldn't, unless Kelly can't out coach, Gino who's lost it and a team that just didn't know how to play together, kind of like what we've got right now, bad and we got better disenfranchised don't know how to play together aren't coached well. Together aren't coached well. Missing something? Just combobulated talent, that holly left us mind you, and Uconn sucks, we might stay in the top 16.. We don't deserve to be, we really don't. We were such an inferior team on the court as tonight. Holly, regularly beat Miss St and SC at this time of season. we get what we wish for...this team is lost, Key is lost Rae is half way gone, and after Jordan...Holly level talent is a dteam
Leads the conference in turnovers and disruption of team chemistry off the coirt

VN Store

Back