Game Thread: (12/8) Lady Vols 53 - (1/1) South Carolina 67

today will be a liftoff for Kaiya (more minutes) and Karo,,and a reentry to elite for Rae
you heard it here
Are you saying KS will play meaningful minutes today? Also, if Beal is guarding RB she will have to earn everything.

Last edited:
My biggest concern is that in this first game with a totally changed lineup / gameplan / substitution pattern / on-court identity... SC will present such an overwhelming mismatch that we won't be able to execute.

If we can't gain experience--and confidence--today working with all that's new, I fear SC could become a "wasted" or setback game, in the sense that constructive gameday experience with all the new adjustments would be effectively postponed until the following game.

In response to injuries early in the season, this staff had time to assemble and simmer an impressive bouillabaisse. But now, it's 11pm Saturday night and we've got to concoct from leftovers an edible gumbo for company on Sunday!

This game would have been a challenge with Jordan. Now that the team does not have her and probably had only one or two practices to work in a no-Jordan scheme, let's just say this is the point in the movie where the heroes look to be doomed. But the only game plan, I can see the LVs executing is doubling down on their defensive identity and getting more shots on the perimeter for Rae, Tess, and Puckett (and have Kaiya show that she can be a force on the perimeter defense). Kellie does not have that many other levers to pull. If the LVs can stay competitive through 3 quarters, I consider that a positive sign. MissST and LSU are the games they really need to win. Losing to SC seem inevitable but this could a preparation step for those must have games.

This game would have been a challenge with Jordan. Now that the team does not have her and probably had only one or two practices to work in a no-Jordan scheme, let's just say this is the point in the movie where the heroes look to be doomed. But the only game plan, I can see the LVs executing is doubling down on their defensive identity and getting more shots on the perimeter for Rae, Tess, and Puckett (and have Kaiya show that she can be a force on the perimeter defense). Kellie does not have that many other levers to pull. If the LVs can stay competitive through 3 quarters, I consider that a positive sign. MissST and LSU are the games they really need to win. Losing to SC seem inevitable but this could a preparation step for those must have games.
good post....sometimes when you have nothing to lose, you can play more freely and win,,,example,,,alabama, auburn, etc

Any brave souls going to watch this massacre today? Ugh on abc to boot. Someone please make it stop.

Watching Game Day.......and I guess as is typical for wherever they are broadcasting from.....SC SC SC SC SC.....oh, wait, they did interview Kelly for 3 minutes. And now it's the Aleyah Boston show..............<sigh>

Watching Game Day.......and I guess as is typical for wherever they are broadcasting from.....SC SC SC SC SC.....oh, wait, they did interview Kelly for 3 minutes. And now it's the Aleyah Boston show..............<sigh>

Have to win to get the air time. It ain’t about us and that’s obvious. Team had better have something to say about it. I don’t care if we lose by 30 as long as they fight. I’m still not sure I can watch. Going to try and see how it goes. :/

I’m really bummed for Jordan. I think this is probably her favorite game of the season. You know she was looking forward to it. This team has had so many bumps in the road. They are still in a good spot, but I fear it’s a long row to hoe at this point.

I am filing an emergency petition with the NCAA requesting that Candace and Diamond be allowed to use their last years of eligibility immediately. I am also requesting that due to the extenuating circumstances Caitlin Clarke is added to the LV roster.

To me, this all seems fair and reasonable.

I will keep everyone posted
I hope the NCAA takes your petition seriously.

Have to win to get the air time. It ain’t about us and that’s obvious. Team had better have something to say about it. I don’t care if we lose by 30 as long as they fight. I’m still not sure I can watch. Going to try and see how it goes. :/

I’m really bummed for Jordan. I think this is probably her favorite game of the season. You know she was looking forward to it. This team has had so many bumps in the road. They are still in a good spot, but I fear it’s a long row to hoe at this point.

This is the time for Kaiya and Striplin to prove they can help this team going forward,

I am filing an emergency petition with the NCAA requesting that Candace and Diamond be allowed to use their last years of eligibility immediately. I am also requesting that due to the extenuating circumstances Caitlin Clarke is added to the LV roster.

To me, this all seems fair and reasonable.

I will keep everyone posted
Since it is an emergency petition they may get to it in six months. That at least cuts off about a year of their normal response to anything.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is the time for Kaiya and Striplin to prove they can help this team going forward,

Defense is what we need from them. If they can each play really hard, smart defense and maybe score a bucket or two they would help a ton.

I do think Kaiya is going to have to play some. She needs to concentrate and finish. She beats her defender well. Really quick first step. She has got to make a quicker move though. She over penetrates. Her summer goal has got to be to develop a sweet mid rage J.

At least we show up no matter the odds. Some teams just taking a forfeit or say entire team has covid not to play certain games. Regardless of what happens today we have shown up to play every game on our schedule without an excuse.

VN Store

Back