Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Muffett McGraw, aka ‘Old Pickleface’, was an an assistant at UVA a long time ago. It's all part of the ESPN/ND/Bad refs/crappy announcers/Uconn conspiracy, I tell you!

I don't believe Muffet would do any Louisville any favors since one of UVA's forfeits benefited them. A forfeit counts in the standings; a no-contest doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
LSU probably, if we beat them then it creates a 3 way tie, where we finish 3rd (behind UF and over LSU) assuming we beat MSU which is a big if.
One of them will have four conference losses just like us after today. So yes having a game with LSU would seem most beneficial. Regardless were looking solid for number four and double bye no matter what happens. We only need an Ole Miss loss for that to happen and they have a game with SC left.

UGA, GT, VT all losing is big for us in keeping a host spot.

Maryland going down (tied at half) would be big as well.

LSU/UF has big implications for SEC Tourney, both are competing with us for spots so less important on the NCAA field.
It is all good still got to win those two home games to get there. That would probably put us somewhere around 13 or 14 a number one or two fourth seed. Win some tournament games we could get to a three, but the team is really going to need to work hard no Horston or Green.

Florida 26 LSU 25 halftime. I really don't don't have that much into who wins this just hoping we can win our last two. Finishing second or third really doesn't matter to me as long as it is not fourth. Guess LSU winning this one then losing to us is the best for an SEC tie for second finish. We would be third in the seedings for the SEC tourney but you get the same deal almost as the second place seed. Being fourth would match you against SC in the semi-finals.

Oregon up over 5 to stanford at the half of stanford makes a come back that would also do TN a favor.

Ok how do tie breakers work... If LSU beats FL but we beat LSU ... how would this all work? lol

someone was posting tie breakers and what not... I know if Fl wins and then we beat our last two we are third place. but if we all end up with 4 losses who would get second ?

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
Ok how do tie breakers work... If LSU beats FL but we beat LSU ... how would this all work? lol
Best thing is for LSU to win today and for us to beat LSU and force that tiebreaker. I am fine with second or third don't want fourth. Since we would all have a win over the other have to find out where they go from there. Hopefully not a point thing.

someone was posting tie breakers and what not... I know if Fl wins and then we beat our last two we are third place. but if we all end up with 4 losses who would get second ?

LSU and Florida split their games so in order to get us all tied at 4 we beat LSU.

That would mean

UF 2-1
UT 1-1
LSU 1-2

And that would determine seeding

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
LSU and Florida split their games so in order to get us all tied at 4 we beat LSU.

That would mean

UF 2-1
UT 1-1
LSU 1-2

And that would determine seeding
So winning our last two games would make us a three seed in the SEC Tourney but the league would officially be a three way tie for second. Second or third in the tourney is a non issue to me one plays 7 and 10 winner and the other 6 and 11.

So winning our last two games would make us a three seed in the SEC Tourney but the league would officially be a three way tie for second. Second or third in the tourney is a non issue to me one plays 7 and 10 winner and the other 6 and 11.

It is less about the 1st matchup and more that the 2 and 3 seeds are on one side and the 4 seed is on the side with South Carolina.

So we want the 2 or 3 seed, at least I do.

VN Store

Back