SEC Tourney - Anyone making the trip?

Didn’t we make it to the final with BP last time it was in Tampa?

I was there when we lost to Pearl and Auburn two- three yrs ago in the finals in Nashville. My son and I were so stoked to be there in person. Auburn was too athletic and beat us to a drum with three ball and their transition game. We were so ticked and dejected as we both were confident we would win.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was there when we lost to Pearl and Auburn two- three yrs ago in the finals in Nashville. My son and I were so stoked to be there in person. Auburn was too athletic and beat us to a drum with three ball and their transition game. We were so ticked and dejected as we both were confident we would win.

I attribute that loss to all the mental and physical energy we used up playing Kentucky the day before. Auburn cruised by FL and we outlasted KY in an OT slugfest. We literally had nothing left in the tank for Auburn.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The SEC Tournament is in a great spring break destination this year.

Amalie Arena in downtown Tampa is about a 30-45 minute drive to Clearwater beaches. Downtown is nice but pricey for hotels. North side area around Wiregrass Mall and Tampa Outlet Mall has newer hotels like Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Hyatt that are probably cheaper. About 25 min to Amalie from those places. Ybor is the big bar area about 10 min from Amalie and there is a trolley system between Amalie and Ybor.

Amalie Arena in downtown Tampa is about a 30-45 minute drive to Clearwater beaches. Downtown is nice but pricey for hotels. North side area around Wiregrass Mall and Tampa Outlet Mall has newer hotels like Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Hyatt that are probably cheaper. About 25 min to Amalie from those places. Ybor is the big bar area about 10 min from Amalie and there is a trolley system between Amalie and Ybor.

Now, THAT is a great scouting report!

No problem. I live here. Would have no problem staying in any of those places I mentioned. Just a matter of what you want to do and how much you want to pay.

I'm down in Bradenton. Great write up on locations. Doesn't look like many are making the trip down.

VN Store

Back