Does he smoke one in Knoxville?

I don't really care if he does or not. Dooley was our coach but it was a mistake and he never should have been. He's not "VFL", he was a blip on our football history that did far more harm than good. Other than that, he has no deep ties to the program.

Who cares? What loyalty is he supposed to have to Tennessee or to Tennessee's side of the rivalry, anyway? Did he grow up a native Tennessean? Did he play at Tennessee? Does he owe some special allegiance to Tennessee because they gave him a job once upon a time?

Butch, I get. Mr. Special Assistant to the Head Coach celebrating beating an entire team of guys he recruited to Tennessee, I get. But Dooley? Really? That's ridiculous.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I dislike Dooley far less than any of the other 2 that came after him. My main issues with Dooley were his recruiting pitches (worst I have ever seen) and his over/micro-managing that building. If he would have spent half the time he spent looking at those blueprints and making changes and making people redo everything, and spent that on recruiting better...he would have been far better off. Plus, the Sunseri hire is what doomed him ultimately. As a football coach, he does have redeeming qualities. He has an above avg offensive mind. He will definitely be more beneficial to Saban than Lyle was for sure. I won't have a reaction either way if he lights one up. Hopefully, we stop them altogether from doing that, though.
I dislike them in this order, from most to least.
1 Pruitt
2 Kiffin
3 Jones
4 Dooley

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I dislike Dooley far less than any of the other 2 that came after him. My main issues with Dooley were his recruiting pitches (worst I have ever seen) and his over/micro-managing that building. If he would have spent half the time he spent looking at those blueprints and making changes and making people redo everything, and spent that on recruiting better...he would have been far better off. Plus, the Sunseri hire is what doomed him ultimately. As a football coach, he does have redeeming qualities. He has an above avg offensive mind. He will definitely be more beneficial to Saban than Lyle was for sure. I won't have a reaction either way if he lights one up. Hopefully, we stop them altogether from doing that, though.
All of this is right. Dooley was too focused on the unimportant details and micromanaged himself into the ground; he was also a condescending egotistical ass but he did care about the Tennessee traditions and care about the program. If he had been successful I believe he would never leave Tennessee. Butch, Kiffin, and Pruitt would’ve all left if the right opportunity came available. Dooley pissed me off for so many reasons but he had more integrity than any of the other stooges we hired. He just simply was in over his head.

We as fans somehow think coaches and players “stay committed” to a certain school for life (heck many recruits can’t stay committed for a month). In most cases for most players and coaches, coaching/playing at said colleges is a JOB. Some exceptions, of course, are found. Their loyalty changes ever time they don the school colors where they currently participating. Smoking a cigar in Knoxville after Bama wins? Who cares!

With Orange Britches becoming Bama's senior offensive annalist, will he get his photo made with a victory cigar?
I think his momma raised him with more class than Hornblower.
Time will tell.

Dooley seems too high-falutin' for cigar-smoking. I could picture him with a cigar-flavored e-cigarette, or a vaping kit or something similar, however.

If we had a former Bama coach on our staff who did the same thing next time we win, I'm sure none of us would approve. And no way any of us would make sure the photo made it's way onto the internet where Bama fans could see it and be pissed.
I live by NEVER miss an opportunity to piss off a bammer.

Dooley seems too high-falutin' for cigar-smoking. I could picture him with a cigar-flavored e-cigarette, or a vaping kit or something similar, however.
All UVA Law grads are required to brag "Mr. Jefferson's University"
at least once a day.
High falutin does not begin to describe their arrogance.

I dislike them in this order, from most to least.
1 Pruitt
2 Kiffin
3 Jones
4 Dooley
So much suck to try to rank, but my list
1. Pruitt which idiot booster gave PF the OK to hire this clown?
2. Dooley never tried, was here for the payday
3 Jones poor guy has serious mental issues, I knew he had issues when he showed up in the top button fastened polo shirt in Knoxville August.
4. Lane was not ready.

Reactions: Volfan1000 and MAD
Who cares...smoke 'em if you got 'em.
We just need to sit back and remember how sweet it will be when the Tide turns, so to speak.
I don't think it'll be that long.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Who cares...smoke 'em if you got 'em.
We just need to sit back and remember how sweet it will be when the Tide turns, so to speak.
I don't think it'll be that long.
They are working on 16 straight I would say that’s long enough lol

Dooley will jinx Bama. I just hope it’s on or before they play Tennessee.

With his track record, I wouldn’t let him within the state lines of Alabama.

Dooley will jinx Bama. I just hope it’s on or before they play Tennessee.

With his track record, I wouldn’t let him within the state lines of Alabama.
. We said Lane would jinx them then Butch and now Dooley lol one thing won’t change though is Saban is on that sideline and he will beat us by 28 plus points regardless what failed former Tennessee coach is on their sideline.

VN Store

Back