Postseason Expectations after the Kentucky win

Kicker82

Is this team showing signs that it can be a contender in March for a SEC Championship and Sweet 16 or better showing in your opinion? They are definitely hot at the right time and looking like a team no one wants to play right now. I know we are a different animal at home this year and have a big road test Saturday but I see signs of something special taking place with this team.

Really excited about this team currently, except unfortunately the SEC and NCAA tourney is not played at TBA. They are so dominant at home, but really need to close out on these away games to solidify their ability to play at a neutral site.

6 newcomers are currently contributing a lot (and Diboundje has shown that he could be thrown into the mix as well), 2 point guards have been a making major impact and two freshmen post players are currently becoming significant. With the mix of a handful of veterans this team could pull off a special season.

A dangerous pursuit as we'd really have to outplay them to keep the officials from being able to make it a game, but that would be a sweet feather in our cap. Send the rat packing.

Winning 4, 5, or 6 will be very long odds (making the FF). I like the idea of trying to have that feather. Only one team will ever have the distinction of finishing off rat man. He may not make it to the end of the season though. His health is taking a dive.

Reactions: cncchris33
I don't think we want any part of that. With the TV ratings being tied to K and Duke you could easily get screwed over in that. They will be protected in every way.

Then let him be exposed even more in his final NCAAT. It’s his legacy.

Winning 4, 5, or 6 will be very long odds (making the FF). I like the idea of trying to have that feather. Only one team will ever have the distinction of finishing off rat man. He may not make it to the end of the season though. His health is taking a dive.
Unless he wins it all. 🤮

Before the season started I seriously thought we had the pieces to make a FF run. We’re absolutely playing better and Aidoo might be the last piece we need to take the next step but I’m not quite ready to say we’re a FF team. I want to see how we do at Arkansas and in the SEC tournament. If we do continue taking good shots, Aidoo keeps improving, and we take care of the ball then we can play with anyone. To me ZZ appears to be the guy we want taking shots at the end, or at least the guy with the ball whether he shoots or passes and that’s something we lacked early in the year. So right now I’m saying Sweet 16 but Elite 8 is certainly possible and Final 4 could come into play if we can prove capable of carrying this play away from TBA. We shall see. Like another poster said, let’s just enjoy the journey.

This team appears to be peaking at right time. Could we finally get another SEC tourney championship? A very deep run in NCAA tourney? GBO!
Definitely. Key to keep Chandler, ZZ, Santi out of foul trouble. When they are all in game together, that's a pure headache on both ends of the floor. Add new development of Aidoo rim protector...we're definitely getting people's attention.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back