Potpourri

Potpourri is a mixture of unrelated subjects. As per MaxPreps.com Senior guard, Karly Weathers has accepted a commitment to Alabama's basketball team next season. She is leading small town, Loretta, TN Mustangs to an undefeated season as of 1/11/2022 with the following statistic percentages: GP 15, F/G 22.9, Pts 343, FT 84. She is acquainted with Coach Kelly Harper and admires her. She has played basketball with and against Karoline Striplin, Sarah Puckett, and Justine Pissott, next year UT Lady Vol recruit. She is on friendly terms with them. If she enters the transfer portal from Alabama after a season she would really be an excellent fit with Karoline, Sarah, and Justine.

Reactions: creekdipper
Potpourri is a mixture of unrelated subjects. As per MaxPreps.com Senior guard, Karly Weathers has accepted a commitment to Alabama's basketball team next season. She is leading small town, Loretta, TN Mustangs to an undefeated season as of 1/11/2022 with the following statistic percentages: GP 15, F/G 22.9, Pts 343, FT 84. She is acquainted with Coach Kelly Harper and admires her. She has played basketball with and against Karoline Striplin, Sarah Puckett, and Justine Pissott, next year UT Lady Vol recruit. She is on friendly terms with them. If she enters the transfer portal from Alabama after a season she would really be an excellent fit with Karoline, Sarah, and Justine.
ditto

Okay, I know Ya'll have been waiting on pins & needles so here's the latest from Guleville.

Wifey and I leave Friday to go to UF (Gainesville) to help favorite & only son pack up his crap/ clean up his apartment / and start him on his way toward Seguin Tx. to his first job out of college. Never heard of the town before but it's closest to San Antonio, I think. Proud of the little crapper for finally telling gator town adios! Plus, he can cancel out his big sister's votes in the future elections. She's a Odumocrat and Beto lover! lol Good thing his new employer is paying his moving expenses . I don't work cheap! lol

Sad news. The clock is about to run out on Wifey's aunt. The dear lady tried so hard to recover from her ordeal, but age, cancer and father time has won the battle. We are now just waiting for the call from hospice care that she has passed, expected by morning.

In better news, the little gule found an apartment (really nice one) in Seguin Tx and moved in today. Starts his new job in 2 weeks.

Now he just needs to find a good-looking Texas cutie to help him adjust to the area. lol

In better news, the little gule found an apartment (really nice one) in Seguin Tx and moved in today. Starts his new job in 2 weeks.

Now he just needs to find a good-looking Texas cutie to help him adjust to the area. lol
Lots of good women in Central Texas.

Wifey, MiL, and I spent the whole day yesterday at the request of the eldest son of the aunt who just passed cleaning up her house. Rescuing house plants, cleaning out the frig, finding original boxes for yadros (sp?) and packing them back up. Took an old pvc patio set that wasn't worth saving out to the curb and put a "for Free" sign on it. Some lady drove by and grabbed it within an hour. She'll have fun cleaning that nasty thing up, heh! We worked our butts off all day.

This morning, wifey told me that another youngest son of her aunt had a fit about the patio set. Now, everybody is in an uproar. What is it they say about no good deed going unpunished?

As of now, I'm done. If they want help cleaning out that house, hire somebody.

Reactions: volnationnj
Wifey, MiL, and I spent the whole day yesterday at the request of the eldest son of the aunt who just passed cleaning up her house. Rescuing house plants, cleaning out the frig, finding original boxes for yadros (sp?) and packing them back up. Took an old pvc patio set that wasn't worth saving out to the curb and put a "for Free" sign on it. Some lady drove by and grabbed it within an hour. She'll have fun cleaning that nasty thing up, heh! We worked our butts off all day.

This morning, wifey told me that another youngest son of her aunt had a fit about the patio set. Now, everybody is in an uproar. What is it they say about no good deed going unpunished?

As of now, I'm done. If they want help cleaning out that house, hire somebody.
"You choose your friends, you're stuck with your relatives"

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Andy G tv show trivia/fun facts
Andy’s love interest prior to Helen was Peggy, or just Peg. Her real name was Joanna Moore, once married to Ryan O’Neil and mother of Tatum O’Neil. She did Andy episodes the year before she married O’Niell, and she was rumored involved with Andy that year.

Attachments

• DE70C741-9586-445C-A2BA-0C4662022CD0.jpeg
    DE70C741-9586-445C-A2BA-0C4662022CD0.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Andy G tv show trivia/fun facts
Andy’s love interest prior to Helen was Peggy, or just Peg. Her real name was Joanna Moore, once married to Ryan O’Neil and mother of Tatum O’Neil. She did Andy episodes the year before she married O’Niell, and she was rumored involved with Andy that year.

Absolutely love the show, so don't want to burst any idealistic bubbles. Let's just sat that two main cast members carried on a torrid off-screen affair that the public would never have accepted during that era. And, no, Gomer wasn't involved.

Being a big tv and movie fan, I've always enjoyed hearing and reading about behind-the-scenes production stories. However, learning about a lot of the negative personal history of those involved has really disallusioned me in many instances. There's a good reason for the adage about how "you should never meet your heroes."

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster1
Creek, that advice goes double for Ms. Moore, if you read about her personal life and downward spiral into drugs and alcohol shortly after her marriage to O’Neal it is a sad sad story. Lost custody of her kids and also lost three fingers from an auto accident while dui…….yeah, sometimes better when we don’t know “the rest of the story”.

Reactions: creekdipper
Lucy, we have started one, on gamecockcentral.com, but it’s new and not up to par yet with the likes of this site which as far as WBB, is the standard. It’s free on the fighting gamecock forum if you sign up. I realize BY is also dedicated to WBB and has a long history, but it is run much differently, almost too authoritative tbh. I was ejected for responding to a Huskie poster who posted “hope we see SC again”…I simply posted, “oh you will see them again” (the teams are scheduled to play again), anyway, that’s the BY. Screw em.

You can pipe in and rabble at will on the SC site, nobody ejects posters there for silly things like the BY. There are some very knowledgeable posters on the SC site, good WBB discussions going on. I swear, the BY is run by someone super sensitive.
The Boneyard isn't "run". It's ruled by a mod with an iron fist.

I met one of my biggest childhood heroes in the early 80's, and I was not disappointed....His name was Roy Rogers....

I had been passing through Victorville, a town in the high desert area of Southern California...There in the western sky I saw a giant statue of a golden Palomino named Trigger...He was the symbol to the entrance of the Roy Rogers museum when it was located in Victorville...
a1568ea530361ea601a799b8a3c20cc2.jpg

I quickly paid my admission fee and went in to see all the wonders of my youth that I recalled from the King of the Cowboys....I was not disappointed...

Roy and Dale (His wife) had saved almost everything from their Hollywood days and even before they were stars... There were spurs, hats, jackets, and cowboy clothes by the 100, all ready to be worn again if needed to battle the bad guys....

And then I turned a corner in the museum and saw a sight that actually stopped me in my tracks...Before me was Trigger the wonder horse, Trigger Jr, ( Triggers double as he got older) Bullet the Wonder dog, Buttermilk, Dales legendary buckskin horse..They were all stuffed and mounted and looked as if any moment they could jump down from their stands and take off after the bad guys...

The place was mostly empty, so I stayed and remembered as much as I could about each and everyone of them....I actually felt a loss and became quietly emotional within myself...

As I exited the museum area, lo and behold, there stood Roy Rogers waiting to greet me...He had on a light blue sparkling cowboy suit and a smile as big as the western sky....Since I was the only one there we talked for a few minutes....He asked me if I had any questions and of course I was courteous with a few questions...

My eyes must have been a little red, because Roy quietly gave me a couple Kleenexes and said it can be shocking to see Trigger and the rest of the animals stuffed....He said he could not stand to part with them as they died...

He called me "little pardner" as he talked to me...I'm sure he did that to everyone, but it was so very endearing....

As I left his presence he said "Happy Trails" to me....I choked up again.
original

I met one of my biggest childhood heroes in the early 80's, and I was not disappointed....His name was Roy Rogers....

I had been passing through Victorville, a town in the high desert area of Southern California...There in the western sky I saw a giant statue of a golden Palomino named Trigger...He was the symbol to the entrance of the Roy Rogers museum when it was located in Victorville...
a1568ea530361ea601a799b8a3c20cc2.jpg

I quickly paid my admission fee and went in to see all the wonders of my youth that I recalled from the King of the Cowboys....I was not disappointed...

Roy and Dale (His wife) had saved almost everything from their Hollywood days and even before they were stars... There were spurs, hats, jackets, and cowboy clothes by the 100, all ready to be worn again if needed to battle the bad guys....

And then I turned a corner in the museum and saw a sight that actually stopped me in my tracks...Before me was Trigger the wonder horse, Trigger Jr, ( Triggers double as he got older) Bullet the Wonder dog, Buttermilk, Dales legendary buckskin horse..They were all stuffed and mounted and looked as if any moment they could jump down from their stands and take off after the bad guys...

The place was mostly empty, so I stayed and remembered as much as I could about each and everyone of them....I actually felt a loss and became quietly emotional within myself...

As I exited the museum area, lo and behold, there stood Roy Rogers waiting to greet me...He had on a light blue sparkling cowboy suit and a smile as big as the western sky....Since I was the only one there we talked for a few minutes....He asked me if I had any questions and of course I was courteous with a few questions...

My eyes must have been a little red, because Roy quietly gave me a couple Kleenexes and said it can be shocking to see Trigger and the rest of the animals stuffed....He said he could not stand to part with them as they died...

He called me "little pardner" as he talked to me...I'm sure he did that to everyone, but it was so very endearing....

As I left his presence he said "Happy Trails" to me....I choked up again.
original

Way cool.

VN Store

Back