Automobilia etc....

My wife's car doesn't get driven a whole lot. Went to drive it today and it wouldn't crank at first, it finally did after a few tries. The battery is not even 3 years old, and it's the "gold" one from Advanced.

My question is, is it a good idea to use a battery tender in this situation? I've only heard of people using them on lawnmowers, motorcycles, etc so I'm not sure about this. Do you have to unhook the battery to use a battery tender?

My wife's car doesn't get driven a whole lot. Went to drive it today and it wouldn't crank at first, it finally did after a few tries. The battery is not even 3 years old, and it's the "gold" one from Advanced.

My question is, is it a good idea to use a battery tender in this situation? I've only heard of people using them on lawnmowers, motorcycles, etc so I'm not sure about this. Do you have to unhook the battery to use a battery tender?

I mean, you could use a battery tender, but you'd be better off just driving it more often. Sitting around is hard on a vehicle in more places than just the battery.

If you eventually got it started, the battery couldn't have been the problem. But anyway, I use them all the time, and all I do is hook 'em up. They're made for cars, really.

Good night how many vehicles have you had in the last 2 years? Ever think about paying one off and keeping it? Lol
2 trucks
3 Traverses (but those are the wife's vehicle)
2 Mustangs
1 Camaro
2 Hyundai's (gonna be a 3rd once the insurance thing gets figured out)

All paid for minus the current Mustang

Last edited:
Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back