SEC Tournament Seeding

This is a dumb argument for me to take… but I’m about 1000% sure if you have Barnes the Suns or the Grizzlies we’d win by 20+.

20+? Try 40+ lol. This whole debate about college teams being able to compete with pro teams is dumb. The worst team in the NBA would beat the best team in college basketball by 30 or more if the pro team actually tried. More than likely they’d just goof off and still win by 20.

I may have accidentally double counted a probability somewhere, but I think two losses is about right. Don’t underestimate home court advantage. Here’s their toughest games:

vs Bama, @Arkansas, @Florida, @tennessee, @Miss St
They’ll lose 1. It won’t be to us though. We can’t score enough.

I looked on my ESPN app and we are favored in every game left on our schedule. I hope they know something we don't.
Sometimes stats don’t make sense to follow. Our style of play just doesn’t line up well against Auburn. Is it possible to beat them? Sure. Should we be favored at home? No. I bet Vegas will have us as a dog, I’m guessing by 3-4.

Right now we have to win out minus Auburn and KY to get to 20 wins. I think we end up as a 4 seed.
We won’t win all of those other games either though. There’s several road games left. I think we drop one between SC and Miss St and one between Arkansas and Mizzou. Add in UGA and I’m thinking 3-2 in our 5 remaining road games. That would be pretty solid. We should beat Vandy at home. Hopefully we can beat both A&M and Ark. I lean toward yes to both but neither will be easy. I think 6-4 the rest of the way which puts us at 20-10 (11-7). That’s probably good enough for a 6 seed, maybe even a 5 given our non-conference schedule and the fact the SEC is the best conference this year.

Reactions: LibertyVol
The guy you quoted had his math wrong too, maybe that was why
Could be I saw that but I’ll take the hit. My post, my error. I’m not a big pass the buck guy. So where do you see us ending the year and seed wise. If you already posted sorry. I’m multitasking and might’ve forgotten already.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
Could be I saw that but I’ll take the hit. My post, my error. I’m not a big pass the buck guy. So where do you see us ending the year and seed wise. If you already posted sorry. I’m multitasking and might’ve forgotten already.
You can blame me, my math was off. I had in my head that we only had 8 left. IDK, but my wife was probably talking to me when I typed.. lol

LSU loss last night was huge for seeding purposes. Arkansas and Alabama have very difficult schedules left down the stretch. I have a hard time seeing either one of them or LSU doing better than 11-7. That means we can drop UK, Auburn, one other game and still lock up the 3 seed. Next big game for SEC standings is this Saturday, Miss St @ Arkansas.

Reactions: Volprofch05
We will win 22 games, two games in the SEC tourney, and three games in NCAA... yes I am an optimist haha
The only way that this would happen is if Fulky turned into the Fulky from 2019-2020 season and VBJ/Powell/JJJ become consistent players on the offensive end. Or maybe we get another Chandler vs Colorado for 3 straight games in the tourney.

The only way that this would happen is if Fulky turned into the Fulky from 2019-2020 season and VBJ/Powell/JJJ become consistent players on the offensive end. Or maybe we get another Chandler vs Colorado for 3 straight games in the tourney.
IMO Chandler vs Colorado was the fact that Colorado bigs weren’t very athletic nor good rim protectors.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Arkansas thumped Georgia last night. Stanley Umude scored 31. 7 straight for the hogs. Their schedule has been pretty weak so far, but they’ve still won 7 straight games now and look to be figuring it out. Those games are going to be a war.
Another byproduct of winning 7 straight is building confidence.

Another byproduct of winning 7 straight is building confidence.

Yeah, I'm not a fan. I thought we'd have one less problem in a tough conference to worry about when they started off on an 0-3 skid, but now they're beating teams like a drum and seem to be figuring things out. Missouri and Georgia aren't good teams, but they absolutely drubbed both of them.

The real test is coming up for Arkansas. Tough stretch on the horizon:

Miss State
Auburn
@Alabama
@Missouri
Tennessee
@Florida
Kentucky
LSU
@ Tennessee

With the exception of Missouri, the cupcakes are behind them.

Yeah, I'm not a fan. I thought we'd have one less problem in a tough conference to worry about when they started off on an 0-3 skid, but now they're beating teams like a drum and seem to be figuring things out. Missouri and Georgia aren't good teams, but they absolutely drubbed both of them.

The real test is coming up for Arkansas. Tough stretch on the horizon:

Miss State
Auburn
@Alabama
@Missouri
Tennessee
@Florida
Kentucky
LSU
@ Tennessee

With the exception of Missouri, the cupcakes are behind them.
I was surprised when Arky turned it around, but let's see what they do against tougher comp.

Sometimes stats don’t make sense to follow. Our style of play just doesn’t line up well against Auburn. Is it possible to beat them? Sure. Should we be favored at home? No. I bet Vegas will have us as a dog, I’m guessing by 3-4.

If it's Auburn +3 or 4. Load up on the Tigers. Auburn is a nightmare match up for this Vols team. Tigers will win by at least 2 TDs.

Reactions: Big time vol

VN Store

Back