Is KC really a first round pick?

Even Barnes said he was a one and done....IMO if the two last season were then Chandler is too. Also IMO one way or another he will not be at UT next season.

He didn’t. But he’s leaving if he’s a first round pick. That’s guaranteed millions
No doubt he probably will but I’ve seen plenty of players stay for another year if they were not lottery too. The NIL money might make players stay for another year to get a better draft grade im tired of ppl on this board assuming because he was a 5 star he is suppose to be perfect at this level in his first year it’s ridiculous

No doubt he probably will but I’ve seen plenty of players stay for another year if they were not lottery too. The NIL money might make players stay for another year to get a better draft grade im tired of ppl on this board assuming because he was a 5 star he is suppose to be perfect at this level in his first year it’s ridiculous
Nobody is getting an NIL deal in college comparable to a first round NBA contract. Plus you’ll make much more on your NIL as a pro.

Reactions: walkenvol
Nobody is getting an NIL deal in college comparable to a first round NBA contract. Plus you’ll make much more on your NIL as a pro.
Not arguing over what makes more money just don’t think it is right to suggest he is for sure one and done without evidence

Has Keon Johnson or Jaden Springer even played this year in any games? Both of them should have stayed too at least one more year to polish their games.

Keon was playing a little a Couple of weeks ago, but I don't think he's played lately

Springer might have played in a couple of games earlier in the season.

Reactions: CeJayVols
His ability to create is rare. His passing skills are rare. His defense is strong outside of not being terribly quick. He has a good shot. In the NBA, the guys in the middle are taught to catch the pass and score, unlike our bigs. His assists can be through the roof. All that said, he’s not tall or fast, he makes bad choices, and is stubborn about repeating them. His crossover gets stolen a lot, and he telegraphs passes way too often. He’s first round potential, but he could slide even more depending on who likes him. A coach that loves his upside may also take him at 15. Who knows. They’ve been watching him since he was 12.
He looks pretty fast when I watch him. Looks very quick with the ball. Maybe I’m just wrong but I think speed and quickness are one of his strengths. He wouldn’t have been a 5 star if he wasn’t quick, because he’s only 6’.

Chandler will be a first round draft choice with the expectations his game will be further developed along the lines of a Chris Paul type point guard and will be surrounded by bigs and shooters with hands, awareness, hoop IQ and skill sets more like his, which will make him look much better, he can make incredible inside passes and has done so several times this year, but with an awkward inside game at Tennessee, his talent gets lost when the current bigs can't finish.

His draft stock is sinking though, much like Emoni Bates, Jalen Duren and Earl Timberlake at Memphis, what was expected isn't where he will be drafted, Chandler won't be back, he'll enroll in the draft or transfer to Duke or Kansas where he can work on his floor game with similar skill sets and a different talent development process.

Chandler will be a first round draft choice with the expectations his game will be further developed along the lines of a Chris Paul type point guard and will be surrounded by bigs and shooters with hands, awareness, hoop IQ and skill sets more like his, which will make him look much better, he can make incredible inside passes and has done so several times this year, but with an awkward inside game at Tennessee, his talent gets lost when the current bigs can't finish.

His draft stock is sinking though, much like Emoni Bates, Jalen Duren and Earl Timberlake at Memphis, what was expected isn't where he will be drafted, Chandler won't be back, he'll enroll in the draft or transfer to Duke or Kansas where he can work on his floor game with similar skill sets and a different talent development process.
When you have wild takes like this from the fanbase im not sure I would be mad about KC transferring to get away lol

I can assure you he won’t transfer. He will probably go pro, but he will not transfer to another college

Has Keon Johnson or Jaden Springer even played this year in any games? Both of them should have stayed too at least one more year to polish their games.

No, they got paid AND develop their game in the pros. They are getting developed just as much playing in the G League, and they are getting millions.

He looks pretty fast when I watch him. Looks very quick with the ball. Maybe I’m just wrong but I think speed and quickness are one of his strengths. He wouldn’t have been a 5 star if he wasn’t quick, because he’s only 6’.

NBA scouts judge him as not fast. I sure haven’t clocked him. He has a good crossover step. He’s very good with changing speed, and changing direction.

Keon has played 120 minutes in 15 games (8 mpg), so far. He is averaging 3.5 points per game. Springer has played 4 total minutes in 2 games and is averaging a point per game

In all fairness, basketball speed is judged a few different ways. He’s fast with the ball, doesn’t slow to change directions, and beats people with his first step. He’s weak on speed when it comes to defensive recovery, and cuts. His superhuman talent is change of speed and change of direction. He’ll never have Keon Johnson raw speed, but he can take anyone to the goal.

Reactions: RockyTop140
I said this a couple weeks ago, but I wouldn't be shocked if the draft was today and KC fell to the 2nd round. His stock is falling and he is no longer a first round lock.

Shariffe Cooper had character concerns and there was concern about his dad and others around him, but he also fell to the 2nd because he is a small guard who didn't shoot well from 3. Well KC is currently at 31% for the season and 65% from the FT line. His conference numbers are even worse than those. NBA teams aren't lining up for that.

VN Store

Back