Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what point of yours you think I proved. . .

Clock: Why not stop the clock for injuries and such instead of leaving it to the referee's discretion? Then everyone wouldn't be in the dark as to how much time is left in the match.

Fake injuries: Why not give each team a TO per half and allow players to reenter the match once if substituted? Then players wouldn't have to act like they're on death's door to get a breather.

Low Scoring: Why not implement a shot clock (it could be a lengthy one)? That way, a team that scores first can't play keep-away for the rest of the game.

Some simple changes could make the game a lot more enjoyable IMO.

Timeouts and shot clocks would destroy the game. Teams aren’t just playing keep away when you see them passing side to side, they are probing and setting up an attack and looking for the defense to slip up on their rotation. There’s no timeouts to adjust, to change scheme, or to get breathers.. you either come prepared, have good enough players to adjust in the middle of the action, or you lose. One guy on defense doesn’t understand his assignment and a good team will expose it. The reason why the original OP said most that don’t like it don’t understand it is accurate. Soccer can be a game inside of a game inside of a game at times and understanding all of these and watching the strategy and execution is exciting and fun to soccer fans. Of course it’s possible to understand all of this, like you say you do, and still not like the sport.. to each their own, but it’s the #1 sport in the world for a reason. It needs some minor rule tweaks like all sports do, but an overhaul of the gameplay and strategy would be awful.

You need to go to an Atlanta United game. It’s filled and loud. Truly a lot of fun. I go with friends who don’t even like soccer and they love the games.

Same with NashvilleSC games. Took some friends who didn’t like soccer and one of them bought two season tickets for next year at the new stadium. The other one still won’t watch it on TV but loved it live.

9adbf3e3-7e1d-4396-b2ae-7e71794b972b.jpg

Same with NashvilleSC games. Took some friends who didn’t like soccer and one of them bought two season tickets for next year at the new stadium. The other one still won’t watch it on TV but loved it live.
I was at the first game for NashvilleSC against Atlanta United in 2020. The next weekend is when they completely shut down everything for Covid. Spent Sunday riding in the back of my truck hungover as hell. Made my brother drive my truck home because I felt so bad. Good times.

I've seen a lot of people starting to jump on the South Carolina bandwagon smh
'Feel good story'. Nothing more.
I wouldn't mind seeing Kirby Dumb choking on the Cocks again. That was hilarious. Let all the scores be turnovers, so Rattled doesn't get any credit. Then let Beamer get embarrassed the following week.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back